Chapter 7 - Modern Love

"Do you want to come back with me?" Anthony asks suddenly as we wait for his train on the stairs in front of the Opera de Lille. I had thought this would be our farewell, and I was mentally preparing myself for it. "I can call my mom and ask," he suggests. My heart flutters at the thought of meeting his mother. However, I worry about not having informed her beforehand. "Is that okay? We didn't discuss it earlier, and I didn't even anticipate coming..." I express my concerns, not wanting to disrupt the positive impression his mother might have of me. "Don't worry, she likes you already," he reassures me, offering a warm smile and planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I wasn't expecting this," I admit as we board the train. "But that's what makes it exciting, isn't it?" Anthony replies with a grin.

Upon arriving at Anthony's home, the lateness of the hour and our exhaustion are palpable. I greet his mother and then follow Anthony to his room. "We have to wait until my mom falls asleep before we can take a shower together," he mischievously suggests. We use the time to watch an Italian movie called 'La vita è Bella.' As we watch, Anthony passionately shares his thoughts about the director and the film itself. I find his enthusiasm incredibly attractive, but my weariness makes it difficult to fully engage in the conversation. Finally, his mother drifts off to sleep, and we silently make our way to the shower before settling into bed for the night.

The next morning, I wake up before Anthony, feeling refreshed from a restful sleep. I lean over and plant a gentle kiss on his lips, attempting to rouse him. His eyes flutter open momentarily, and he reciprocates the kiss before closing his eyes again. After a few minutes, I let my hands wander, exploring every inch of his body. Ever since Anthony introduced me to a whole new world of pleasure, I've been feeling incredibly aroused. I begin giving him a hand job, and as he smiles and fully awakens, his gaze locks with mine. "You want it?" he asks, and I nod in response. "But I don't have a condom here," he reminds me, as we had discussed the previous night. "Just don't cum inside. Can you do that?" I request. "Are you sure?" he checks, concerned about our safety. "Yeah," I reassure him.

It's a challenge to keep our moans hushed as we engage in the act. The proximity of his mother's room next door adds an extra layer of difficulty to maintaining composure. It feels incredible to make love without a condom—there's no pain, just the softness of bare skin. There are moments when I want to scream in ecstasy, feeling as if I could soar through the sky. However, Anthony has to cover my mouth to stifle any noise, lest we wake his mother. "I'm coming," he whispers, his voice filled with pleasure. "I'm going to cum on your back, is that alright?" he confirms. "Okay, just not inside," I respond. "Sure... ahhhhh," he moans softly, and I feel the warmth of his release on my back. We've had sex six times within the past 24 hours—crazy, yet unbelievably amazing. We rest in bed, enjoying the afterglow, when suddenly we hear voices outside the door. The door opens, and to our horror, we realize we're completely naked. "Shit, we're naked," I exclaim to Anthony. Even though his mother is quite open-minded, it would still be embarrassing to be seen naked in their home. Anthony looks flustered and confused. However, it's just Gaia, their large black dog, who has barged in. "Oh Gaia, what are you doing?" Anthony chuckles. The dog sits in front of us, seemingly staring at our naked bodies. "Don't look at me like that," Anthony playfully scolds the dog. Gaia remains motionless. "She probably heard us," I suggest. "Yeah, she definitely did. Gaia! Go out!" Anthony commands. Yet the dog remains rooted in place. "I have to speak French so she'll understand," he says, switching to his native language. Finally, the dog complies and leaves.

After about half an hour, we hear Anthony's mom awaken, and we join her in the bathroom. "Bonjour!" she greets us. "I guess she didn't hear us after all," I remark as we leave. "I don't think so either." We proceed to have chocolate oatmeal while watching an episode of 'The Walking Dead' together. Time flies, and before we know it, it's already afternoon. I have to bid farewell because Anthony needs to start packing for his flight from Paris tomorrow. "I'll drive you to the station," he offers. "Okay." As we say goodbye to his mom, she smiles and says, "À bientôt peut-être!". We bring Gaia along, making it difficult for Anthony to exit the car and leave the dog behind. "Bye," we say in unison. "Thank you," Anthony expresses his gratitude, "for these past two weeks. It's been amazing." I smile, but I dislike the finality of his words. It sounds like a permanent goodbye. "It's not the end yet," I assure him. I don't know what the future holds, but just 24 hours ago, I decided to take a chance with him. "Yeah, it's not," Anthony agrees, yet a tinge of disappointment lingers in our voices. We both know that even if we succeed, the road ahead will be challenging.