Chapter one

"Eren."

It was the first thing that Levi said when he found out. He could hardly breath, he couldn't speak. It was like all the air had been reaped from his lungs, like every ounce of breath taken away from him.

He just didn't believe it.

He couldn't. Eren was the boy he loved, though he could never admit it to himself or anyone around him. He was just too stuck up to even mention it to him. Levi had always knew he had felt something more than just mutual friendship for Eren, but he couldn't admit it.

But now, with Eren like this, was he too late? Could he never tell the brat his true feelings?

Eren was like light for Levi. The green eyed boy always showed him that there was more than just the bad days and feelings, that there could be times where happiness was found. He was like a flash light to Levi-he always lit the way.

Eren had always been such a fighter. He never would let himself die. But had he finally slipped? After all of these years?

Levi tried to shake the bad thoughts from his mind as he raced down the hallways of the hospital, trying to find the room where Erwin said that Eren was being kept in. His breathing was gradually creeping towards hyperventilation as he grew nearer and nearer to the room number.

"Four eighty-five, four eighty-six," Levi panted as he got closer and closer to room four ninety-two.

Suddenly, he felt his feet catch up with his eyes. There he was, standing in front of and staring at the room number.

"Four ninety-two."

The breath was taken from him as he slowly walked closer to the small entrance. He couldn't see inside; there was a large pastel curtain blocking the door and therefore his view to see inside the room.

"What had even happened in the first place?" Levi scoffed under his breath. It couldn't have been that bad. Could it?

He reached his hand out to the curtain, yanking his way into the room.

The moment he saw, he wish he hadn't.

Eren laid, eyes swollen and shut, at least twenty tubes taped up to him, on the hospital bed. He didn't even look like he was breathing.

Levi gasped.

He fell to his knees a few meters away from the bed, an annoying beeping invading his sense of hearing.

Eren was still alive.

He was. He had to be. The beeping on the machine indicated that his heart was still pumping blood through his veins, that his breath was still coming and going through his lips.

But why?

"Sir!" A voice yelled at Levi, pulling him from his reverie.

Levi could hardly see through the t Wes that he didn't know we're there. He didn't even bother looking up.

"You have to leave. There aren't any visitors allowed in this room."

Soon, Levi was being yanked off of the floor by a nurse, but putting up a fight it took four to finally drag the short man away. Even though he was strong, he felt himself so vulnerable.

Why had this happened? How could something so terrible happen to the one he truly cared for the most?