Chapter 3 - Goodbye...?

Fisher rolled his eyes, listening to his friend Ember complain.
"My housefolk takes so long to prepare my food." She grumbled. "Oh, you're fine Ember." Fisher teased. "At least she feeds you." He joked. Fisher had been staying in Ember's nest for a few days, letting his hind paw heal.
"True, unlike those wild cats out in the woods!" Ember purred.
"Wild cats?" Fisher asked. "What wild cats?"
Ember sighed. "I forgot to tell you, huh? The wild cats live in the woods, they hunt mice and birds, and even eat cats! Loa told me, She's my friend, she told me they are always at war, always have blood stained on their claws, they-"
"Wait, Loa has seen them?" Fisher interrupted.
"Well Yeah, her housefolk lives next to the woods. Loa said those cats are up to no good!" Ember explained.
"Oh. Well hopefully when I go looking for my housefolk, they won't catch me." Fisher exclaimed.
"Looking for your housefolk? You're leaving?" Ember asked in shock. "You can't!"
Fisher shook his head. "Sorry Em, I have to find him. Besides, my paw is fine now! I told you I have to go back, we were just waiting on my paw"
"You can't leave me all alone Fisher, I'll miss having a friend here. I thought maybe you would stay." Ember whimpered.
"I know, I'll miss you too..." Fisher mewed.
"When are you leaving?" Ember asked him sadly.
"I was hoping tomorrow... " Fisher confessed. " but I don't know yet."
Ember was silent, thinking over his answer, when she finally spoke up, she left Fisher in shock. "What if I come with you?"
Fisher stiffened, and widened his eyes. "No way, you love your housefolk!" He protested.
Ember let out a snort. "I'll come back, I think, besides, it's way too dangerous to go out alone.."
The two lapsed into silence and considered the conversation.
"Fine. You can come." Fisher sighed in defeat. It might be more fun to have someone with him as he searched.
Ember let out a thrilled purr. "Great! We leave tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow. " Fisher agreed.