𝒊𝒗. heather

✧.*🕯️
FOUR ——————
𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
❝ 𝗘𝗫𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗘 𝗔𝗚𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗢𝗥. ❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ ASTERIA RUBBED HER FOREHEAD as her and spencer went through multiple CDs from Slessman's drawers. "So far, we've through at least one hundred CDs and nothing," Asteria sighed. They were trying to get into Slessman's head, figure out what he does, how he does it, etc.

Spencer frowned, deep in thought when all of a sudden he came to a realization. "We didn't realize the obvious this entire time," Spencer got up from the bed and pulled his best friend off the ground, leading her up to the attic where Morgan is.

"The CD in his computer," He whispered while they hurried up the stairs. Asteria's mouth formed an 'O' shape as she pushed him up faster with her right hand, her other currently clasped in Spencer's,"Why didn't you say that then, Spence!"

"I've been thinking about the CDs," Reid stated. Derek sighed as he sat down, "Oh, Reid, come on. We tried the CDs. We searched, sifted, and sorted through every one of this guy's head-banging heavy metal collection."

Spencer and Asteria ignored him and knelt down beside the computer, picking the lock on the side. "We gotta find something, or this girl is dead," Morgan held his head in his hands.

"Think we may have missed the obvious," said Asteria.

The side finally popped open, a Metallica CD sitting in the holder. "What are you doing?" asked Morgan. He saw the CD and grabbed it quickly, "Reid, what made you think of this?" He observed the CD in his hands.

Reid lifted up an empty case, "It was the only empty case." Derek pursed his lips, "Alright, an insomniac who listens to Metallica to go to sleep at night. What song could possibly speak to me?"

Asteria pondered for a moment before replying, "Enter Sandman."

Derek quickly typed in the song name, the computer unlocking, showing videos and images that made Asteria sigh in relief and in sadness for the poor girl. Heather was alive.

She was tied up in a cage, the only light in the room being a dangling light bulb. "Call Gideon," She told Morgan, the other FBI agents crowding around the computer, watching Heather thrash around in fear.

"Gideon! Heather's alive," Derek paced around the room, holding his phone up to his ear. "How do you know?"

"'Cause we're watching her right now."

Asteria winced at the duct covering her eyes and most of her forehead, knowing the slightest movement peels at her skin. The woman felt horrible watching Heather cower in fear every few moments, wishing she could do something.

The FBI agents left, shaking their heads upsetedly about Heather. Reid and Asteria shared a look as they stared and took in every detail of the images they took, the light repositioned and slightly blurry in each photo.

"Morgan, can you show me the last 12 images lined up next to each other?" Reid crouched down, resting his hands on his knees. Morgan typed, the images loading next to eachother.

Asteria furrowed her brows, "Right there." She pointed at the light bulb. "You see that? The light bulb? It's in a different position in every photo."

"It's almost like it's swaying. . . like the earth is tilting," Spencer added.

Derek shook his head, "Not the earth, Doc. The ocean."

Asteria pulled out her phone, dialing Hotch's number. "She's on a boat, Where?" His voice flooded her ears.

The Madden girl paced around the room, "It's a pier or a dock. He wouldn't be able to transmit the webcam image from the middle of the ocean." She replied.

"You're sure about this?" Hotch questioned. "It's the only logical answer, Hotch. If we're right, it doesn't matter because the location is on you, my friend," A small breath left her mouth, her pacing stopped by Spencer, who hooked his arm with hers.

Even if she couldn't see it, she knew Hotch was smiling, "What is it you and Morgan always ask Garcia?" Asteria grinned, "To work me a little magic."

Hotch sighed and ended the call. Asteria beamed at the thought of one of her favorite Blonde's. Penelope Garcia was truly a heaven sent girl.

As they waited and watched Heather, Asteria fiddled with her ring finger, but dropped her hands once she saw Vogel was in the room. "Guys, he's in the room," Asteria's voice was slightly shaky. She cursed her voice in that moment, clearing her throat quietly.

They watched Heather kick at Vogel in fear, anxiously hoping she would get out. "Call Elle," Derek told Reid.

Asteria held her face in her hands, pacing once again while Spencer sighed at her antics. "Star, just sit down," The doctor spoke. Asteria rolled her eyes, "I can't help it! I pace when i'm nervous, it's just who I am."

They ignored Derek arguing with Elle, the Madden girl huffing as Spencer forced her to sit down in a chair.

Derek sighed in relief as Asteria shot up from her chair; "They got her, Heather's safe."

Asteria let a smile play on her face as the three of them walked out of Slessman's house, Spencer's arm around the girls back while his hand rested on her arm. Asteria ignored the happy feeling that formed in her stomach as she leaned into his touch.

It couldn't have meant anything, because they were just best friends. . right?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

authors note.

i've never written an extreme
slow burn before so let's see
how long i can hold off until they go out
officially😭😭

overdue update but to be completely honest i can't bring myself to care that i haven't updated in like a week or two ☠️

xoxo i heart u guys!!!

— 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 <𝟑