Chapter 18

Words: 391

Now that's I'm thinking about it, getting into a car with a person high on mushrooms isn't the best idea... but, you know, YOLO!

Can it be that bad? I mean, he just took it- how long do they take to kick in? Long, I'd think.

As we're driving to the restaurant I can't help but think about what I said. About a kid.

How am I thinking about that? I'm not even out of high school, I don't know what I want to do when I'm older, or even if I'm gonna marry Kyle!

We're 17, I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a sudden jolt due to Kyle slamming onto the brakes, causing my head to slam into the headrest.

"Fuck- what the hell?!", I yell, grabbing the back of my head.

"Shit, sorry, Y/n. I thought someone was in the road. It's just my imagination playing tricks on me.", Kyle explained with a slight smile, obviously fake.

Or rather the drugs you just took, genius.

I glance at him for a second, the more time I spend around him the more I'm starting to realize.

Love bombing? Is that what this is?

I grab my phone and start to unlock it, hitting my search engine and typing in the new phrase.

"Love bombing is characterized by excessive attention, admiration, and affection with the goal to make the recipient feel dependent and obligated to that person."

Oh...

"Whatca looking at?", Kyle asked, looking over and at my screen.

Jokes on him, my brightness is already so low that I can barely see.

"Just the menu of the place, I don't know if they'll have anything I like.", I fake smile. "I'm sure they'll have something. If not, you could always eat later.", my boyfriend grinned.

What's with him and smiling all the time? It's like a façade. Like nothing's real with him.

Is the boy I fell in love with even real?

How did I fall in love so fast? Is that even possible?

Real? Possible?

Is there any need for these thoughts? I'm happy.

...am I?

I look up from my phone to see Wendy and Stan.

Maybe they can save me.

Kyle and I soon make our way over to them, me putting on a fake smile.

Fake...

Heyyyyy
Not me posting a short ahh chapter months later 🙈

Anyways,
I am so fucking sorry for not posting. Life has been so rough that I could barley keep up, I'm better now, I promise!!

I don't want to fake a promise to keep updating, I'm going to try my best, but this is all I could get done so far.

Ideas people, please 🙏

-Juliana