Chapter 8: Ash and Misty Fighting

However, Dustin's attention was drawn away from Ash as he heard a rustling sound,  but as he glanced in the direction of the sound he didn't see anything.  He shook his head wondering if he was just hearing things. However, Dustin and the group didn't realize that they weren't the only trainers in Viridian Forest.  Watching them from a distance was a figure watching them while riding on a flaming pony Pokemon. 

The figure was wearing a good,  which hid their face,  making it unclear who the person was exactly, meaning they could be an ally or enemy, but the hood gave off the vibe of an enemy.

"What brings them to Viridian Forest?" The figure asked itself before adjusting its hood on its head revealing for a brief second dark blue hair. "What do you think, Cinder, and Whiskers? "They asked the Pony Pokemon and a small rat Pokemon on their shoulder.

Though nothing was said,  the mysterious person seemed to understand them giving a nod.

"I believe so too.  They might be some help getting out of here away from those Beedrills,  especially the older-looking one with the Meowth," The figure commented as they continued to watch from afar.

****

"Ash,  you're acting like a--"

Misty looked like she wanted to scold Ash for his energy,  but before she could...Ash shoved Caterpie's Pokeball right in front of her face, causing her to freeze from the motion.

"Look! Inside this ball is the very first Pokemon I've ever caught in my whole life!" Ash exclaimed,  showing that he was ecstatic about having caught his first Pokemon.

"Meow, " Empuress said glancing at  Ash and sighing knowing that her trainer had a lot of work head mentoring Ash.

"Uh,  great just keep it away from me,  will ya?" Misty pleaded,  much to everyone's surprise as Ash moved the ball closer to Misty's face.

"You're not afraid of a itty, bitty Caterpie in a Pokeball,  are you?" Ash challenged her, but it was a challenge Misty immediately backed down from as she openly admitted her dislike for them.

"Bugs get me all bugged out.  Even when they're in a Pokeball... JUST KEEP IT AWAY!" she snapped before she turned away,  huffing while keeping her back turned against Ash.

'What else is she afraid of must be a lot of she can't even handle being near a bug-type Pokemon in a Pokeball.  Not being rude but seriously she was dramatic.' Dustin thought shaking his head with a sigh and glancing at Empuress who seemed to be rolling her eyes at Misty.

"I like bugs even when they're not in Pokeball," Ash said before looking at his first Pokemon's Pokeball."It must be great for Caterpie inside the Pokeball...cute and comfortable inside there... I love my new Pokemon!" He giggled while rubbing his face against the Pokeball,  much to Misty disgust as she shivered at the sight.

"I guess ot takes a worm to love a worm," Misty grumbled.

"Very funny..." Ash snorted.

"If you don't like bugs, why bother staying following us?" Dustin asked,  causing Misty to turn around and was about to say something before Dustin stopped her."Let me guess Ash owes you a bike right?"

That stopped Misty from saying anything further as she huffed and folded her arms,  and once again she turned her head away showing how stubborn she was.