The unspoken apology

⚠️tw: talk about suicidal thoughts,
             self harm,
            eating disorder,
            bullying.

It never occurred to Katsuki that him bullying Izuku fucked him up in so many ways. He only noticed recently when seeing the greenette changing into his hero suit. He was deathly skinny; his ribs were so visible Katsuki thought he was looking at a ghost or a skeleton.

The blonde thought it beat to confront Izuku after training and he did just that, pinning the smaller male against the lockers when everyone else left them after changing.

"What the fuck's wrong with you hah?! Why are you so damn skinny you shitty nerd!"

Katsuki stared intensely at the greenettes expression and how it changed rapidly from shock to fear. He backed up from the smaller male slightly, soon realising that he was the problem. He looked at Izuku's body fully and saw old scars and fresh cuts on his arms, wrists and thighs. The blonde couldn't help but have that one part of him assume Izuku was doing this all for attention but the rest of him was screaming that Katsuki himself was the problem, that the bulling in middle school fucked him up entirely.

The greenette shuddered feeling the blonde's stare and quickly changed, wanting to leave the room and get away from Katsuki as soon as possible. But sadly that wouldn't happen because shortly after Izuku put on his shirt he passed out and fell backwards into Katsuki's arms who was still stood looking at the greenette. Katsuki, shocked, finished getting the smaller male dressed (RESPECTFULLY!) but refused to change out of his own hero suit till he knew Izuku was safe and still breathing under the care of recovery girl or a hospital.

The angry blonde picked Izuku up and ran out of the locker room, sprinting down the halls to get to Aizawa, using his quirk to boost himself a bit. He slammed the classroom door open, worry clearly stamped onto his face as he held an almost lifeless Izuku. His teacher got the memo and took the greenette from Katsuki's arms, instructing him to stay put as he left to go to a hospital. Katsuki being the impatient bastard that he is, followed Aizawa regardless of him being yelled at to go back. He wanted to know if all this pain inflicted on Izuku was by his own hands or careless speaking. He wondered if the greenette had thought of killing himself because of the bulling, if he considered taking Katsuki's words to heart from middle school. Dread shot through him as he watched Izuku being hooked up to life support, his teacher stood by the blondes side as he was on the verge of breaking down.

A little over a week later, Katsuki hadn't left Izuku's side, threatening anyone who came near because he thought they'd try and hurt his recovering greenette. Sadly for Katsuki though, the doctors and nurses that came in were trying to get him away from Izuku's cold, limp body. The greenette had passed when he was brought in a week prior, Katsuki not having found out till a month after because nobody wanted it to impact him worse than it did Izuku's mother. The blonde sat there a tad confused when Aizawa explained to him that Izuku was dead and had died the month before when he was brought in after collapsing. Only then when the blonde looked at the pale, freckled boy did it finally sink in that he never got to apologise for all the shit he'd caused his rival, and never would get to apologise. He sank to the floor next to the boy's bed and grasped the lifeless hand, holding it up to his cheek as he sobbed loudly, begging for it to all be a horrible nightmare. When Katsuki pinched himself he sobbed harder, knowing now that one thing would always remain on his mind from this moment on...

The unspoken apology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

659 words guys!

I cried writing this- honestly I'm still crying now