1. ~ Beach Day

(Third-Person POV)

-
Beach
-

"Cmon, Green! You're such a slowpoke!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Give me a damn second, haha!"

Blue called back to Green as he ran ahead. Green, struggling to keep his surfboard in his hands due to its size, staggered behind. The boys loved going to the beach on their days off of work. They had been living by the shore ever since they were 7, and had just moved in all together at 18. They were all around their early 20s now. Since they were older, and working online, they had been going to the beach a lot more often. They didn't mind the town around them, or having to cram themselves in a medium sized apartment. The medium sized apartment came with an ability to access the beach at any time they wanted, as a dock leading from a huge porch led them down to the sand. Sure, there was a community pool, but who would want such a confined space? Not them.

Green finally made it down and fell face first into the sand, getting it into his hair. His legs were exhausted, and the warm, soft sand felt nice against his aching legs. Yet, he picked himself up and started running to his friends in the water.

Blue, who was just teasing him earlier, worked at a small diner that caught fish fresh and cooked them for the customers. Needless to say, the place was rated highly, and it almost always was packed, so Blue had work most days, but he'd always love to come home to his friends and rest after a long day at work.

Yellow was an online college student, working online to become a marine biologist, like their friend's dad used to be, or dad's friend still is. At times, he did have to leave for class, but he always would come back. He was the only one in the group with a driver's license, so he was mainly the one to drive them all places.

Red worked at an animal shelter with dogs, cats, hamsters, and other household pets. He was the caretaker and was responsible for feeding, watering, and playing with the animals on work days. He was the most kind, loving, and clumsy person the group knew.

Green himself had taken a career in music. He loved playing guitar and performing pieces with his group, as they all could play instruments too. Of the band, he was both the guitarist and the lead singer.

"CANONBAAALLLL!!" Green yelled as he plummeted into the water, splashing his friends. Right after, he leapt right onto his surfboard, which was immediately pulled down into the water by Yellow. Swimming back up, Green splashed him.

"You jerk!" Green coughed up some saltwater while the other laughed.

"Jeez, been a while since I've been out in the sun! I'm happy we could all hang together today." Blue added.

"Exactly. Hopefully Alan doesn't get on us for today just because you got work in a few hours, Blue. You know how he is about the beach and water and stuff."

"Eh, it's a 3 hour shift, I'll be fine. They might not even need me!"

"Highly disagree." Yellow chimed in. "I saw the line to the restaurant earlier. It looks like you guys will be jam packed."

"Darn.."

"HEADS UP!" Red yelled out, swimming into the upcoming wave. It knocked everyone else over.