metamorphosis

please comment!  :)

"WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO DO TODAY?" evelyn asked, she cracked open the coors light can and handed it to jay.

"want some?" jay held it out for her, evelyn shook her head and rejected his request.

"i prefer vodka and liquor." jay rolled his eyes at her answer.

"you know you don't have to be cool around me right? i know you're a bozo, and weirdo on the inside and out." evelyn shot him a look and pulled the sunglasses from her head onto her face to cover her eyes, her phone buzzed and she pulled it out from her pocket.

dad.
come to boating marina, need help.

me
omw

"i gotta get going, see you later!" evelyn waved to the boy and started walking to the marina. she dreaded doing it cause of people she was probably gonna see, but jay had been stressing her out and she wasn't in a good mood to argue about anything right now.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

"hey!" a voice yelled, evelyn turned around to the sound of zane bennett.

"you have gotta be kidding me." evelyn rolled her eyes, she huffed but walked towards the brunette. "what do you want?" her attitude was pouring from her tone, she dreaded seeing this boy, let alone having to talk to him. once the girl reached the boy, zane had been kneeling while wiping his hands with a rag. evelyn walked up to him and stood above him, her lower body centimeters away from him kneeling.

"we need a little bit of help?" zanes lips tugged into a smirk, and evelyn raised an eyebrow at him. she looked over at cleo standing in the boat, then back at zane.

"what's the problem?" she didn't even care what his answer was, evelyn just knew enough from the uncomfortable expression on cleos face to get in the boat. so she did.

"somebody stole my spark plug," zane stood up, his foot resting on the edge of the boat.

"can it still run?" cleo asked.

"nope." zane smirked and pushed the boat away, evelyns eyes widened.

"zane, zane, zane, no." evelyn panicked, she knew she had cleo with her but her fear of the ocean got bigger as the boat continued going.

"why us? we didn't steal your spark plug!" cleo yelled.

"because you're here, cleo, and eve, that's just cause she's eve." zane shrugged. "if you get it going, you can keep it."

"you're not funny, asshole, get us back now." evelyn yelled at him, the boat continued to get further away towards the end of the boating docks. cleo sighed and sat down. evelyn continued to yell at him until someone jumped in the boat, and a scream came from cleo. she turned around to see rikki, she stood up.

"is this supposed to be some sort of rescue?" cleo asked sarcastically. "i don't mean to state the obvious but we're just floating out to sea. all three of us."

"she's right, rikki, i have no idea what your plan was this time, but it's not-" rikki cut her off with a smirk and held the spark plug up. "i hate you sometimes."

"you took that?" cleo asked.

"zane bennetts a pig. anything i can do to get under his skin can't be a bad thing, can it?" rikki continued smirking, her eyes kept looking at evelyn.

"cool! thanks rikki." cleo said awkwardly. rikki and evelyn looked at the girl like she had four heads. "what? ive seen you around school, since you've arrived. i mean, ive meant to say hello and everything!"