pool party

"YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL." evelyn felt the front door slam shut as his loud words echoed the house. she turned around from facing the mirror and looked down at her phone in her hand, it was rikki once again asking her if she wanted to join her for a morning swim. but once again, evelyn declined. she didn't like what was going on with her, and she sure as hell didn't want to keep helping it form. she hates the way that her tail is a different color than the rest of them, and the way it was just there in general. she couldn't stand any of it. the dark haired girl's mind has drifted to different things, like the way she was going to see zane at school today but didn't want to because she knew it would become an argument somehow. all of her friends hated him, and well, she did too. to an extent. sometimes she really didn't hate him at all and she'd find pleasure in being around the obnoxious boy, but she'd never let herself believe that.

evelyn got on with her morning and as she was getting dressed she felt her phone buzz again, she looked down and saw the group chat texting.

chloe
meet up at my house before school?

emma gilbert.
ofc, on my way.

rikki <3
sure.

evelyn huffed and pulled the jeans she was wearing all the way up past her curvy waist, it hugged her hips perfectly and so did the black tank top she had on too. she threw on the white converse and grabbed her bag, then walked out the door. when she got outside she was faced by jay, sitting on her bottom step.

“stalking me?” she laughed at him, the blonde turned around and smiled.

“nah, i think i might be stalking your neighbor more to be honest.” evelyn rolled her eyes playfully seeing her neighbor get in his car and drive off. the two walked to jay's car and drove to school.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

“why do you always seem so grumpy, i thought you met up with zane last night.” jay teased the girl, evelyn was quick to push his shoulder and whisper to him.

“first off, never announce that shit in public again. second, it wasn't that kind, it was because he just wanted to yell at me some more about his stupid boat.”

“what happened with his boat?” the blonde asked, she huffed and slammed her locker.

“long story, ill see you later.” evelyn turned around and walked away, but ran into the group of girls. she made eye contact with rikki, who only looked worried. she was about the speak to the girl but got cut off by an annoying voice.

“now it's party time people. no excuses.” miriam declared to everyone, passing out papers. “in honor of our very own surfing god, the beautiful byron, for winning his special prize.” she had stopped at the girls lockers.

“what prize?” cleo asked.

“whatever it is they give out for surfing.”

“the coast surf classic.“ emma cut in, telling cleo. “he won by a mile.”

“i was having a spray tan, but im sure he was amazing.” miriam told them, while pushing past evelyns shoulder, she stopped and looked at her and rikki. “rikki, evelyn, im sure i might have a blank.”

“sorry, ill be flossing my teeth that night.” rikki told her, sarcasm dripping in her tone.

“yeah, and ive got to get back to the ghetto and figure out which rat i want for dinner.” the girls sent her a smile, miriam gave them a look and walked away with her posse. rikki looked over at evelyn once emma left and the two started walking.