8

-How did you meet Jiyong?- We are still driving, skirting LA on a circular to enter the city from another motorway. If my car had wings, we would have already taken off.

-We met in Auckland. He was traveling around the country looking for aspiring actors and saw me.

-Have you performed somewhere?

-You could say that.

-Well, yes.

-He's pretty protective of you. I would even say that he was angry when he saw me.

No, it wasn't jealousy. More like curiosity.

There was always only Kwon by her side, and he circled around like a kite, sweeping away all the objectionable in the way of Jennie. I was certainly displeased with my profession. Although if I had any other profession, I think it wouldn't suit him either.

Jennie smiled:

-We've known each other for a very long time, and he just cares about me. He'll calm down when he understands. Then you'll see it from the other side.

-And what should he understand?

She pulls away from the road and looks at me, piercing me with her brown, confident gaze:

-That I trust you.

My heart fluttered, out of rhythm. I blinked in surprise. But the next moment I screamed like crazy, because she still continued to hold me with her gaze:

-Lord, watch the road!

Laughing, Jennie complied with my request.

-Jisoo, are you always this nervous when someone else is driving your car? Tell me, at what speed do you feel the endorphins filling your blood?

-A hundred and twenty and above, but I'm watching the road at the same time!

She found my knee without looking and squeezed it lightly. This gesture was more than enough not only to calm my nervous system, but also to restart my heart in a frenzied rhythm, though for a different reason. My throat was dry, and I swallowed nervously, restraining a dangerous urge to cover her hand with mine.

-I promise not to do it again. Ok?- Jennie asked softly, removing her hand.

-Ok.

It's crazy, her quiet voice excited me even more than the laughter with the hoarseness inherent only in her...

I wanted to kiss her. Pull her to you and taste those plump lips of hers.

Turning quickly to the window, I tucked a stray, unruly curl behind my ear with a shaking hand.

-We'll be there soon. Have you changed your mind? Or maybe you need to call someone and warn them? You kind of left for an interview and disappeared with me for the whole evening. Are you sure no one will be mad at me?

Frowning, I watched her indistinct reflection in the window glass. I wonder if she deliberately casually asked about my personal life and immediately poked her nose at the fact that I spend time with her solely in the interests of my career?

Oh, Jisoo, maybe Kwon is right, it's better to stay away from Jennie? May be...

-When I want to talk to you for an interview, I'll tell you about it, Jennie. And I'll also warn Jiyong at the same time...- I paused, waiting for her to say something. But she just picked up speed.- And I've been completely free for quite a long time, so I can manage my time the way I want.