26

-Found a detective... - I gasped, raising my eyebrows in surprise.- How?

-Thanks to the Internet, Jisoo. - Lisa snorts, carefully examining the Oscar statuette received by Jennie last year for the leading female role in the film "Sinfulness".- A great invention — it has everything, you just need to be able to search.

-Okay, good... And what did he say?

-I haven't tried to contact him yet.- Turning around, she gave me a thoughtful look, returning to the chair and sitting down in it.- But I think it's worth doing. He can tell you things that may not be mentioned in the reports. And express your opinion... and in general... In general, I was thinking that if Jennie tried to reach him directly, the effect would be faster and better.

Pursing my lips, I shook my head negatively:

-Let's try it ourselves first.

-Why, Jisoo? He's a policeman, even if he's retired. It is unlikely that he will want to discuss this matter with anyone... She doesn't know!- Stammering in the middle of the sentence, Lisa breathes out in shock. - Jisoo! What the hell are you doing?

-I'm trying to help.

-Help? You invade her life without asking — it's not a help. This is... this is... God, Jisoo, this is not right!

-What do you think I should do? Sit and wait? They're all sitting and waiting anyway!- Lalisa resolutely jumps up from her chair, and I explode after her, grabbing her hand, fearing that she will now go to Jennie.- I can't do this, Lisa. I want to do something.

-Tell her and do it as long as you want.

-I'll tell you when I have something to tell you. Anyway, this vaunted private detective, Bada, is due to arrive soon. If we don't have anything before that time, then the problem will disappear by itself — I'll just stop getting into it.

-Yeah, sure.- A friend muttered in response.- Rosie's not on you. She would have put your brains in place quickly.

-It's not true, Rose would support me.

-No!

-Yes!

-No.

-Yes.

-No!

-Yes!

-And I say no! That's it!- With a wave of her hands, Lisa straightened her perfectly styled dark hair and picked up her bag.- It's useless to argue with you. So, I don't know who's biting your ass there that you're so eager to get into all this, but I'll keep digging into it and try to contact that policeman on one condition. She pointed a long-fingered finger at me.- I won't tell you anything until you tell Jennie everything.

-Lisaaaaaaa....

-I don't even want to hear anything. Let's go eat your vaunted meat already!

***

Lisa is on a roll like never before!

I blush for the fifth time this evening, Jennie laughs contagiously, and Jungkook looks away in embarrassment, once again filling our glasses. Mentally, I vow to myself never again to let my friend into this penthouse and into the same company with Jennie. But looking at how they throw jokes across the table, how sincerely and cheerfully Jennie laughs, encouraging Jeon to tell about where he got his "most memorable injury" — I can't help but enjoy this dinner.