02| Familiar Stranger

************

************

Nearing six o'clock when the sun was supposed to be setting outside, Changbin finally signed the last piece of the paperwork on his desk. He checked his watch before loosening the tie around his neck. He sighed for what felt like the hundredth time today. Glancing over at the large glass window overlooking the city, he noticed it had begun to rain.

A spring shower was refreshing or at least the illusion of one was. Because in Changbin's opinion, it was still too cold to be called spring. Winter was clinging to the city of Seoul for as long as possible and Changbin really disliked chilly weather.

A text lit up his phone and he picked it up from the desk.

Yoonie

Hyung, I just got your voicemail.
I'm not at my place right now.

Binnie

Where are you?

Yoonie

I went out for a drink with my friends.
But they ditched me.

Hyung, come and drink with me!!!!!!
🥳🖤🍺

Binnie

Are you already drunk??
I need to talk to sober you, Yoonie

Yoonie

Then you better hurry up, hyung!
I'm going onto my third shot

Binnie

*sighs*

Send me the name of the bar you're at

Yoonie

Maniac
It's downtown

😜🌈🔥
Also, don't embarrass me and show up in a suit and tie...
Wear something casual. People know me here.

Binnie

I'll embarrass you in a suit and tie??

Yoonie

Hyung, you know what I mean.
Hurry up!

Changbin stared down at his phone before shaking his head. He doubted by the time he got there he could actually have a serious conversation with Dayoon. He'd be tipsy going onto drunk and Changbin would be the one to drag his ass back to his apartment. Dayoon was always like this. He partied a lot but the only time he drank alone was when their parents called him.

Obviously, they'd riled Dayoon up somehow. Either scolding him or guilting him. Changbin hated when they did that. Their parents could control and force him into doing anything... but only as long as they left Haerin and Dayoon alone. Changbin envied his siblings but he was also damn protective over them.