03| Lunch With Bestie

************

************

It was two days before the weekend. Changbin was drowning under a pile of paperwork. Business deals and sale promotions that needed to be double-checked and confirmed. Besides the files and papers scattered across his desk, there were empty cans of energy drinks and empty coffee cups standing around.

It was a mess.

Changbin had come into his office at seven in the morning and was still going strong thanks to the caffeine running through his system. He was buzzing and honestly close to crashing. He hadn't slept in a day and a half because of an important client and he was hungry. Changbin was so hungry. He hadn't even had his usual morning energy bar. Jihyo also wasn't there to take care of him. She was out picking up the said important client from the airport.

Changbin's father had promised a partnership with one of his old friends. He was someone who had a lot of money and who also had a lot of companies abroad. The guy was deep in the rabbit hole of sports cars and bike racing. But it was his son who had a real passion for these things. According to Changbin's father at least, their client's son was a super enthusiast. He loved all things that led to an adrenaline rush, big or small, dangerous or safe, he didn't care and tried it all fearlessly.

Changbin could only wish for that life.

Changbin's hand moved across a document, signing his name before tossing his pen and watching it bounce against the side of his desk. He fell backward in his seat and released a breath. Throwing his head back and cracking his knuckles as he stretched a little from sitting in one position for too long.

"Finally... fucking finally I'm finished," he muttered to himself in exhaustion.

A knock sounded at the door and Changbin dropped his head to stare at it for a second. He straightened up, watching as a familiar head peeked inside. A playful grin on the guy's face. He was Changbin's friend. Or more like, he was Changbin's best friend.

 Hwang Hyunjin.

Though most people thought the two were dating.

They met three years ago when Changbin first took over his father's business. Hyunjin was a business deal at the time. A kid a year younger than Changbin, who was looking for a loan for his starter business.

One thing to know about Hwang Hyunjin was he's a serious Fashionista. He got into design at a ridiculously young age and his parents just kind of rolled with it. Maybe they were hoping he'd grow out of trying to make his own clothes. Starting crazy fashion trends and styling himself like a complete model. He didn't.

Changbin saw the potential in Hyunjin's early work. He gave him the loan and watched as the younger started from the bottom to the top. Climbing higher and higher in the fashion world with each new piece of clothing. It took Hyunjin less than a year and a half to blow up as one of Seoul's top designers. He even models some of his creations for fun. Because with a face like his, a body like his, and a confident attitude like his. Who wouldn't want to see him catwalk on a runway? Changbin's best friend was gorgeous.