Author's Note: LET THOSE RAINBOW FLAGS FLY!

"Float", along with Martin's story was entirely a work of fiction, but that doesn't mean that his feelings and experiences haven't been shared by kids and young adults alike.

There are millions of people who struggle through gender identity crises, and a lot of them are subjected to ridicule and violence because of their own choices. I personally had a friend that struggled with his gender and wanted to be a male. Because of that, he was bullied not only by his peers, but also his family.

But thankfully, he had friends that loved and supported and cheered him on, and now, he's getting hormone treatments and is on the road to his reassignment surgery. So in a sense, this story is kind dedicated to him and his struggles, but it is also dedicated to all those out there that feel like they're alone and unsupported. I hope they know that it's okay to be different, and should be supported in their pursuit to true happiness.

Let's band together this month and support equality for every type of person on this wonderful earth :)

Thank you for reading this story, please leave a vote and a comment to tell me what you think! And let's not forget to let our gay pride flags fly for LBGTQ Pride Month!

Love you all! And thank you again!

xoxo,

Mik'