-ONE-

This one might be a little short depending on how far I get into it before passing out lol. It is late when I write these stories. TW:abus$e and murd3r

_______________________________________________

The second Reverie Triez realized she was in danger was when he first drove her home from the gym she worked at. Her green eyes found an attractiveness to the tall blonde man with a body like Atlas. His hand was on her thigh the entire way to his home. That should have been red flag number one. Of course, when you're young, dumb and think you are in love, you ignore the warning signs that are right in front of your face.

Love has a way of doing that. It deceives the eye into making the devil look like an angel, night look like day and pain feel like pleasure.

It wasn't too bad at first. Just a few slaps on the wrist for not doing laundry on time, or forgetting to wash the dishes. However, a few months into their relationship came the gambling and partying and buying more expensive things that Reverie knew they couldn't afford. She worked as a full time waitress at a local restaurant called Missy's Diner. The girl picked up another shift just to pay their bills.

Fall finally came and Reverie stood in the kitchen washing the dishes by hand because apparently, the dishwasher "didn't get the job done well enough." Her long hair was in a loose ponytail that laid over her shoulder. The bruises on her slim figure stood out because of the pale tan color of her skin from lack of sunlight. Reverie wasn't allowed to leave the house much. Only to work, the store and straight back home. She jumped when she heard the front door slam shut and heavy boots making their way into the kitchen against the hardwood floor. Green, dull eyes met his cold brown eyes as he stormed over to her, handing her the handwritten letter signed by the Carozza family saying that they have the right to do what needs to be done if the money he was lended, did not return to them by midnight.

"Explain this now." Ross said to her. Reverie's eyes went wide. She couldn't pay the amount that was given.

"I had some money saved for you to pay it back... you took it from my pillowcase and used it all at the casino." She said softly to him. What she expected, came hard against her face with a slap. Ross grabbed her face and forced her to look at him.

"Oh, so now this is my fault!" He laughed at the thought of this even possibly being his fault in the slightest. "You bitch! I've worked my ass off trying to make sure that you have a roof over your head and food in your bowl!" He said. She wanted to protest. She pushed him away and started to walk away. "You better bring me my booze and menthols you bitch!" He yelled at her before she started walking out and slamming the door.

Reverie went to the car and headed to the store. She cried the whole way to the store. She parked the car in the parking lot and she wiped her tears looking in the mirror and grabbing the travel size concealer that was in the hole in the seat that she hid things in. Reverie brushed her hair with her fingers and put on some lip gloss. Getting out of the car, she locked it and headed inside to get Ross's needs.

As she walked into the store, she kept her head down, occasionally looking up to see where she was going. She went to the alcohol aisle and went to get the booze that Ross liked. She loaded the cart with two twelve packs. Suddenly, she got a rush of paranoia that flooded over her body. The bell rang to the door that let the cashier know that someone came in. Reverie looked over to see who it was and sighed when she saw a tall man in a black shirt, a black hoodie and ripped black jeans. Yes, he looked a bit creepy, but at least he wasn't as scary as Ross was. She reached for some ramen for herself to make once she got home, except someone reached at the same time, their hands bumping.