Chapter 7-The process of freezing water

2659 words

Foolishes Pov:

He wipes his mouth before storming over to the god. "Look what in the overworld you did" He yells at XD. The god just chuckles.

"Aww you've gotten attached to that pile of feathers, how cute" he coos at the human.

"Regeneration potion" Foolish demands. The god rolls his eyes before a vial of the red liquid appears "say please, human" the god retorts. "Please" he replies through gritted teeth.

XD reluctantly hands him the vial, glaring at the human as he gives her the other potion.

"Just go XD" he says as he waits for phantom to wake up, the god mumbles some incoherent words before going back up the stairs begrudgingly.

He snuggles into her large feathery wings as the female regains her colour. A slow process that took a few hours, thankfully she didn't seem to be awake at any of the worst possible times, or so he thought.

The female took in a deep breath as she awoken, wrapping her arms around the human as they seemed to understand what had happened. "Thankyou, again" She mumbles, hugging him tightly before pulling back as he winces when she touched one of the fleshy parts on his back.

"Y'know you could've kept some of that regen potion for yourself" she says smugly. "I wasn't unconscious, just too drained to really do anything" She shrugged.

His face turns red as he tries to find the words "you were uh-dying and wouldn't-so i-yknow-let's just pretend this didn't happen." She passes the passionfruit drink from the day before over to him.

After taking a few gulps he questions "you didn't uh- do that on purpose did you?."

She scoffs before replying "mhm, because I could TOATALLY read your mind and know that you would resort to that."

They both sit in comfortable silence as her voice clears and she regains her strength, turns out the regeneration potion helped her ribs alot too.

The colder than usual air signalled it was night and the 2 lay down more comfortably, her feet touched the door which she pushed open a bit before jumping out of the males arms.

"Shitshitshit, the door, we can be free, well you can, but yassss." She exclaimed louder than the sleepy foolish would've liked. "Can we just-sleep on it?" He says in a tired voice.

"Do you want to take the next decay potion?" she states.

He shakes his head in protest. "XD will just bring us back, he's more than capable" he grumbles, his voice reflecting how tired and exhausted he felt.

She stands up and walks out of the cell, taking the warmth and comfort her wings provided with her. "Yes but let's atleast try and get out of here." She says, seeming more at home in the low light.

She turns around to the sleepy foolish who was making grabby hands, going and laying back down after realising the human valued that more than freedom for the time being. They returned to their little cuddle for the time being before he finnaly fell asleep.

-

Phantom pov:

She smiled at the sleeping human, he had saved her again, even if the method was questionable they were both alive. The distaste in XD's voice that she heard earlier as the antidote started to take effects was probably the most entertaining thing of the day.

She knew he was right that XD would just bring them back, but he couldn't spend all his time doing that so they could atleast get enough freedom that it wouldn't raise suspicion back in his own group of people.