Chapter 9-Freedom... Right?

1207 words

Foolishes Pov:

He wakes up, stretching his arms and letting out a yawn. He had horrible neck pain from laying down so much over the last few days but with all the other pain he experienced the previous night gone, it seemed like the least of his problems.

He sat up before getting a tug on the cloak he was wearing. "Don't move" she says in her sleepy morning voice.

"Whyyyy" he whined back, attempting to stretch his legs in the confined space. "I'm tired, just lay back down" She grumbles, barely even sounding English as her words slur together.

"Mhm, and I'm the cold, touch starved one" he says, laying back down. "Mhm" she mumbles as she lays her head back on his chest.

"Y'know eventually you'll have to go back to sleeping alone" he says, just spitting his thoughts out as they come to mind.

Her voice is barely audible as she replies "Says who?"

"I certainly wouldn't object" he replies with a case of word vomit, surprising even himself. He feels her give a slight nod before likely returning to her slumber.

An hour or two later they hear the familiar flaps of wings before his least favorite god comes into view. "Your looking lively today" the god comments. "You seem godly" he replies, not too focused on the conversation.

"What horrors have you brought us today XD" he said, voice laced with a tinge of dry humour. "I've had a change of heart" the deity replies. He doesn't say anything so XD continues "since your going to be a permanent guest I thought it would be fitting that you get treated like one."

The god opens the cell door as the human wakes the sleeping female up.

-

Phantoms pov:

The three of them walk up the stairs, neither of the two mortals saying anything as the god rambles on about an upcoming meeting with the goddess of death. They reach the second story of the familiar building, approaching the set of rooms where staff and even she would sometimes stay when they were in the palace.

They reach the spare lot of rooms where she would stay when she visited, grabbing her key from the spot inbetween the glass and the wooden frame where she usually hid it before unlocking the door. XD conjured another key for her human friend so he could take the one next to it.

"I'm gonna go take a shower" she calls out to the 2 of them, before locking her door and grabbing a towel.

After taking the shower, relived to wash all the dirt and blood off of herself, she gets changed into a plain black, long sleeved shirt and a long skirt that fell to her ankles.

She threw the clothes she was previously wearing into the fire, they were wrecked beyond repair after the last 24 hours. She didn't bother putting on shoes in the house, shoes were annoying and uncomfortable but she did have to spend a bit of time fiddling around with scissors in order to fit her wings through the normal shirt.

XD's voice came in as a small whisper over the sound of the fire 'make sure to wear something nice for dinner, we have visitors.' Of course he had to have people over that night, not even one stress-free dinner could be had it seemed.

She searched the draws for the old emerald necklace she used to wear, before quickly pruning through her wings to pick out any of the bad feathers and grabbing the matching emerald headpiece she used to wear when she was younger. The headpiece was too big when she was that little, but thankfully fit perfectly now.

She hated dressing up but she did owe XD and wasn't going to make too big of a fool of herself by being underdressed, but no matter the circumstances she didn't put on the shoes that sat by the door.

-

Foolishes Pov:

As he wore a simple shirt and shorts that he had found in the cupboard, XD appeared in the room. "I got your stuff, be presentable there are people over." The god throws what was his favorite set of clothes onto the bed in the corner, he gives a confused look as he left those at his room in the castle and surely the god couldn't find out that.

"Get changed, be presentable, dinners in halph an hour" XD said, turning to leave. "But we litterally just woke up, it's daytime" he exclaims, he didn't want to spend more time around the immortal being.

"Things work differently around here, now be presentable" his voice says firmly. XD leaves soon after, passing through the wall as if it were nothing.

He sighs before taking a shower, getting changed and wandering throughout the palace, looking for wherever he was supposed to go.

He finds the stairwell that leads to the dungeons, shrinking away from the dreadful place before continuing his exploration of the quartz building.

He went out to a balcony, overlooking the empty mote. As his eyes adjusted he started to see small shacks and doors along the rocks outside the mote that clearly lead into some kind of building. As he looked up the glow lychen made the roof of the gigantic cave seem like stars. It was as if it didn't just stop there and went on infinitely, a beautiful endless void.

The familiar flaps of wings was heard and he made sure to make a mental note to come back here before running after XD. "You look- well weird, I'll tell the representative's your a uh-" the god tries to put words together as he gives the human a once over. "Shark totem" he finishes the line for the god. "That's... odd- but okay your a shark totem, whattever. Weird little human " he mutters the last part.

The 2 walk down the set of stairs to the ground layer, before XD leads them to a part of the castle he hadn't seen before despite practically rummaging through every room a few days prior.

"So... What are these representative's here for?" He says, trying to make conversation. The other male doesn't respond, glancing skeptically at the motives behind the question.

They continue through a small aviary, acting like a hallway before walking into a massive ballroom, it could probably hold a thousand people given the sheer size of it.

They then enter some kind of dining room, a large table positioned in the centre with many chairs running down either side. The entire room was decorated with green and gold material, looking very formal against the pale rocky walls.

They kind of just stood there awkwardly for a while until the tapping of all kinds of footsteps was heard. A zombie went around the corner first, being followed by a skeleton, piglin, drowned and an endermen who were all dressed exceptionally well.

He readjusted his golden headpiece and tried to get the wrinkles out of his shark hood as they approached. He felt underdressed, stupid and out of place here but a firm bump from one of XD's wings practically scolded him for it though as the god went to greet the fancy guests.

~