1. Niko

The year 2019

Hmm.

This is the day when we leave for our summer vacation. It's been a hell of a ride this year since I was preparing for my architecture entrance exam. Ass on the chair sixteen hours of the day, hands on the pencil and T-scale for eighteen hours of the day and eye-bags for twenty fours hours of the day.

Architecture is no joke. You've to return your sleep to the goddess Nyx in order to be the architect. Mortgage your fun, laughs and time to the Satan until you're an architect or else, you won't be one.

I guess, I am ready to sell my body to architecture, it has been my dream after all. So, before I finally tie myself with portfolio, T-scale and sheets... I'll use this fucking vacation to relax. 

A long, fun and relaxing vacation.

.

Every single summer, Volkovs spend our vacations with family and friends. Family as in Chens, and Friends as in Ascherbergs and Harpers.

Since Mom and her friends miss each other's company so much, they officially made this rule, rule that says, 'Reunion once in every year, even if the apocalypse kills us all'

And no one dares to cross what these women say. Especially their men. Their wishes are men's commands. No arguments on that.

Even if kids or men somehow couldn't make it to the vacation, Mom and her friends would cross the oceans just to meet for some hours.

I remember Mom flying to Edinburgh for a few hours because Aunt Bridget was bored in her royal meeting and need a coffee break and gossip. Mom had forgotten to tell Dad, and he freaked out badly after not finding Mom in the house when he returned. He was this close to running out of the house barefoot before I told him where she went. 

Dad just can't calm down when it comes to Mom.

.

"Niko, sweety, are you ready?" Mom shout from the outside and I take a look at my room. Clean, sorted, and disciplined. The way I like it. Room or life, I like it on the right track. I slowly slid my hand on the bedsheet for the last time, pick up Sofia's wooden box and walked out of the room with my luggage.

We're going to Eldorra this summer. 

Eldorra. The country of Ascherbergs. Aunt Bridget and Uncle Rhys have arranged our vacation at their castle this time. We've been to Eldorra many times, but it's always hard to deny Aunt Bridget's request and Uncle Rhys's threat.

.

Last summer,

The Chens have arranged our vacation to their favorite place. New Zealand. We went on Jungle Safaris, hiking and swimming. It was exciting and adventurous for most of us while exhausting for rest of us. 

Mom and Aunt Stella are not fond of adventures. They like their vacations to be lazy by the pool or beaches. 

On the other side, Aunt Jules and Aunt Bridget will set the ground on fire since both of them are equally fond of something new. They like their vacations to be full of fun, adventure, and memorable.

But this summer,

All of them want to 'just chill by the pool, have the vintage wine by the lake, and relax.' And what could be more relaxing than living in a vintage castle?

.

"Niko? Got what Sofia wanted?" Mom asked while grabbing the luggage, but Dad picked it up before she did. His plain polo flexed on his tall body as he picked up another bag effortlessly.