||ᴊᴜɴᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ - 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝙰𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚜||

07/11/23 Edit:
Fuck the "Welcome!", you knew what you were in for after clicking "Read". Let's just move on, shall we.

- - - - ~ 𓃥 ~ - - - -

Dysthymia [Persistent Depressive Disorder]
- Is a long-term and milder form of depression characterized by persistent feelings of hopelessness, low self-esteem, decreased interest in daily activities, and disruptions in sleep and appetite. It can last for years and significantly interfere with one's relationships, work, and daily routines.

By product:
• Body Focused Repetitive Disorders: Excoriation Disorder [Dermatillomania]
- A psychological condition, classified under obsessive-compulsive, which is characterized by repetitive and compulsive skin picking leading to tissue damage. Individuals engage in this behavior as a way to cope with stress, anxiety, or emotional distress, attempting to alleviate tension and perceived skin imperfections. Despite efforts to stop, the compulsion persists, causing skin lesions that can impair daily functioning.

- - - - ~ 𓃥 ~ - - - -

Body Dysmorphia (by proxy)
- A mental health condition characterized by an intense preoccupation with perceived flaws or defects in one's own appearance, leading to significant distress and impairment in daily functioning. This obsession can extend to the appearance of others as well. Individuals with BDD often engage in repetitive behaviors or rituals in an attempt to alleviate their anxiety or guilt related to their perceived imperfections.

By product:
Bulimia Nervosa
- An eating disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of overeating, usually accompanied by a sense of loss of control during these episodes. Individuals with bulimia engage in compensatory behaviors, such as self-induced vomiting, misuse of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, or excessive exercise, to prevent weight gain. Unlike anorexia nervosa, people with bulimia often maintain either a relatively normal weight or an above normal weight.

*Note that this disorder can have serious physical and psychological consequences and is associated with a preoccupation with body shape and weight.

- - - - ~ 𓃥 ~ - - - -

Social Anxiety
- The root cause of all social anxiety attacks is fear. When we fear being judged by others, when we fear judgment for ourselves, when we don't fit into societal norms, or when we believe that it will be worse if we are judged - these are all triggers for our fears of embarrassment.

Phobia Linkage:
Trypophobia {fear of clusters of small holes}
- Researchers say that hole-like patterns have a type of visual energy that can cause an unpleasant reaction. Other researchers believe that the fear comes from social anxiety. Circles look a little bit like clusters of eyes or faces staring at you, which can be upsetting if you get nervous in social settings.

- - - - ~ 𓃥 ~ - - - -

Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria
- Is categorized as an emotional response to perceived rejection, or critism capturing their disapproval. A person suffering from this condition, may experience moments of unbearable pain due to extreme emotional sensitivity.

Phobia Linkage:
Anthropophobia {fear of rejection}
- A person with social anxiety feels uncontrollable fear that they'll be judged or rejected by other people. They'll often end up avoiding social situations altogether, when they can.