Chapter twenty one: Family's back.

As Atlas, Alice, Atlas's mother Mel, and Atlas's childhood best friend James left the train station, Atlas began to feel a bit better. He walked between his mother and James, Alice was on other side of his mother, he looked over at janes and for a moment he admired him.

He admired his brave kind smile, the whisker dimples that crossed his cheeks when he smiled, the sun shining down on his honey golden skin and raven black curly hair, and his big green eyes, with long luscious lashes.

He smiled, James liked when he smiled, and he absolutely loved when James smiled, James walked besides him as they talked, it felt so natural for the boys, atlas felt safe with him.

"School honestly sucks sometimes. And I have some mean friends. They've gotten us in so much trouble! I always try to warn them."

He moaned and whined dramatically, as he walked besides Atlas, a smirk tugging on his lips as he saw atlas giggle.

"ahh so your a bad boy huh?"

He spoke in a playful tone, as he teasing pushing James's shoulder.

He grinned as he began to speak in his soft British accent.

"Yeah. You like it, love?"

He teasingly grinned, suddenly he reached out and grasped Atlas's hand in his, pulling atlas towards him, their fingers intertwined as if they had done it every day for twenty years, like it was usual and wash for them to perfectly intertwine together. Like they belonged together.

They held hands as they walked, but now they didn't speak, there was nothing to speak of. In this moment, atlas was just Atlas. And James was just James. Just Atlas and James, Together.

They only cared about each other, because in this moment it was just them, just their feelings for each other that was lingering through the silent wind in their hair.

That moment was soon broken, by Mel, ordering for the boys to hop in the back, boys in the back girls in the front she demanded.

So they did, the two boy's hopped into the back, Alice sat in the front across from Atlas. She shot a worried look in his direction but didn't say anything in that moment.

Atlas sat in the back, the air conditioning blowing his his hair, as he leaned forward and kissed his mother on the cheek, he looked at her, with big soft eyes.

"Thanks momma. I missed ya."

He whispered into her ear, leaning his head against the back headrest of her seat, he then leaned back in his seat, looking up at her in the rear view mirror.

She had tears in her eyes as she looked lovingly at Atlas, he had never seen her cry before, but he knew this moment was different.

This was the moment him and his mother finally began to change, to bond, to grow together as a family. For atlas to have what he always wanted. His mother.

They drove quietly, the radio station playing in the background as they all pm looked out at the the town, it was an old town with a unique look.

Each house was a few feet away from the other, giving them large yards to build things like extra rooms or gardens on the lawns.

That's what lots of people did, and that's what's atlas did when he was 13, he insisted on making a bedroom out of a shed area in the back of the house on their large lawn.

It was still connected to the house by one hallway, but there was a door so Atlas could just go straight out the front gate.

From where the shed was, he stepped into the front lawn, and walked up a couple of steps, that's where the front door was, their porch then had an opening to a ramp, he opened the gate and walked down the ramp, and he was alone.