Chapter 5: Gateway Years

In August 13, 2019. after high school, Thomas attended Gateway Education Center in Warsaw, Indiana, it was located on "201 N Union St." It was there that he finally realized the impact of his behavior on others. He was challenged to examine his actions and the effect they had on those around him.

Thomas worked hard to change his ways, apologizing to those he had hurt and working to make amends. He even became an advocate for anti-bullying campaigns. The

Thomas's behavior did not improve after he lost his job at the grocery store. In October 2019, he was working at Mad Anthony Brewing Company in downtown when he began insulting his employers. Thomas made inappropriate comments about his coworkers towards them. His behavior was reported to management, and he was fired from his job.

Thomas's behavior had finally caught up with him. He was now unemployed and had a reputation for being difficult to work with. He struggled to find new employment and was forced to rely on his savings to get by. His family and friends were disappointed in him, and many had given up on him entirely.

Despite the consequences of his actions, Thomas refused to take responsibility for his behavior. He blamed others for his problems and refused to see that his behavior was the root cause. It wasn't until he hit rock bottom that he finally began to realize the error of his ways.

Thomas knew that he needed to make some serious changes in his life if he was ever going to be successful. He began attending therapy and working on his anger management issues.

In November 14, 2019. The Warsaw Community Schools Board of School Trustees approved a resolution to close Gateway Education Center during a meeting session on Tuesday, Nov. 12.

The facility at 201 N. Union St., Warsaw, formerly served as Madison Elementary School until 2010, but has been used in recent years for alternative education classes and adult education.

The structure was built in 1955, but is in need of significant repairs.

On August 18, 2020. Thomas started his second year of Gateway Education Center. This was a new beginning for Thomas, but not in the same way as before. This time, Thomas had already gone through a significant transformation at Lakeview Middle School located on "848 E Smith St." and was ready to continue his growth at his new school.

Thomas was excited to start new school - he saw it as a chance to continue his journey towards becoming a better person. but he rather a kind and caring young man who was eager to learn and make new friends.

Thomas's time at Gateway Education Center had been transformative. He had learned valuable lessons about empathy, kindness, and respect for others. He had also gained new skills and knowledge that he was eager to put into practice.

As he started his second year at Gateway, Thomas was determined to continue his growth. He also made an effort to get to know his classmates and to build positive relationships with them.

Thomas's efforts paid off. He found that he was able to make friends more easily than before and that people were receptive to his kind and caring nature. He also found that he was more engaged in his classes and that he was able to learn more effectively.

Thomas's newfound confidence and positivity had a ripple effect on those around him. His classmates and teachers were inspired by his transformation and began to see him as a role model. Thomas was able to make a positive impact on his school community, something that would have been impossible before he embarked on his journey of personal growth.

As Thomas continues to grow and learn, he is excited about the possibilities that lie ahead. He knows that he has the skills, knowledge, and mindset to achieve his goals and to make a positive impact on the world around him. And he is grateful for the opportunities that his new school, Thomas has provided him to continue his journey of personal growth.