▸ TWO ◂

With the entirety of this dimension and its purpose explained by Migule and Lyla, you were finally able to grasp everything and begin to understand. This organization started because of a desperate father and husband who tried to interfere with fate. You understood what an anomaly was and how they were created. You even learned of Miles Morales.

"This city is going to grow more and more as I recruit more spider people," Miguel tells you with a certain pride in his tone as you both stand and watch from the window.

"I was not expecting any of this to be possible." You sigh, rubbing your forehead. The last few hours have consisted of you simply sitting there and taking in information after information.

This Miguel glances at you, not used to being welcoming, "I know, it's a lot to handle, but this is your new home. You'll get the hang of everything with time."

"New home?" You snap towards him, "What exactly happened to my home?"

He tweaks his watch a bit causing a large portal with a mixture of reds and oranges to appear before the two of you. You step back in surprise at the phenomenon.

"I'll explain once we're there." He tells you, nodding towards the portal.

You follow him and find yourself on top of a building that looks vaguely familiar. This was the same building where you and the target were engaged in combat. The only difference is that time seemed to have stopped.

Looking around and down at the base of the building, you see people paused in their tracks, birds as still as stone midair, and some raindrops floating in front of you. There is no more city noise, no more honking, the sound of traffic, crowds of voices, or music. Everything was quiet and still.

"What happened?" You whispered in awe.

He stares at you processing the view around you, looking deep in thought until you turn to him. He calls out to Lyla who pulls out a visual demonstration of the device you destroyed earlier.

Lyla explains that the destruction of this mysterious device caused a time-stopping commotion worldwide. You try to concentrate on her complex explanation but you can't help but take this as a moment to observe this perplexed man before you.

You were so confused and overwhelmed that you never noticed how truly handsome he was. But you realize now that he seems to be around your age, late 20s, and his accent didn't fool you before as he looked indeed Hispanic. He has a jaw-dropping physique, and his spider suit hugs his muscles perfectly. You have to pull your eyes away from him and comprehend Lyla's explanation.

"I don't even think there is a solution to your dimension's problem. I can try to salvage what I can and find a way to reverse it." Lyla shrugs, "But that will take a lot of time and newly constructed tools."

Miguel shakes his head in confusion, "My only question is whether or not an anomaly happens. She clearly wasn't supposed to be pulled out of this time-freezing explosion by me. So why aren't there any disrupted canon events detected?"

He buries his mouth into his hand supported by his other arm. You agree with him, considering everything you've learned, and begin to ponder. However, you still had some questions lingering in your mind.

Lyla pops up, "It could be a similar reason as to how Peter B. Parker was able to wed Mary Jane and have Mayday. That definitely wasn't supposed to happen until Miles stepped in."

Miguel sighed, growing irritated by the sound of that name, "I guess that does make sense."

"Who's Peter B. Parker?" You step in and ask.

Due to this question, you later find yourself holding an adorable redhead after shaking hands with the infamous Peter B. Parker.

"That's my daughter Mayday, isn't she just adorable?" Peter B. Parker coos at her.