Chapter 1 - Everything changes

Notes: All stories I write, I do it listening to music and all of them has song titles because those songs has something that connects directly to each story. For this one, I used "In the blink of an eye" from A Teens, if anyone is curious ;)

Enjoy.

.

Chapter 1 – Everything changes

Kara opened her eyes slowly as she wake up early in the morning, knowing life would be totally different for her from now on, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to face everything she knew that was coming her way. She checked her phone, noticing there was a message from Nia Nal, a new journalist that worked with her at CatCo, and also happened to be an alien with really cool dream powers.

"Are you up? Tell me everything" – Kara read Nia's message and laughed, texting her back.

"Yes, I'm up. ;) Tell you what?"

"About Earth 1. Did you go see the hot archer?"

"Nia!"

"What? He is! Now give me the details..."

"Nia, we're just friends"

"Aham"

"I'm serious"

"I know you are... aham..."

"We'll talk later, I'm hungry"

"You're always hungry! But ok, I can wait... Even if I'm curious... And anxious."

"Later!"

Kara laughed as she got up from her bed, getting ready to face another day. She felt anxious because for the first time in 4 years, since she became Supergirl, she was on her own. No team, no DEO. The president dismissed her after she refused to reveal who she was, so she left the organization and didn't look back. She was always going to have her sister's back, she knew it, but it would be weird to save the world by herself. She made sure she helped Alex from time to time, without other people knowing, because she refused to not get involved when people's lives were in danger, but it still wasn't the same anymore. And to make things even worse, she had that Lockwood guy, the Agent of Liberty and his followers to deal with. She tried her best to use her job and also her heart to face this threat, because it wasn't a monster or a dangerous alien. It was a human threat, a menacing human threat that was leading others to follow his footsteps of hate and violence.

After she ate her breakfast and prepared to go out and do her job as Supergirl for the day, she checked her phone again and noticed a new message. This time, it was from him. She smiled.

"Sorry I didn't see your text last night, we spend hours dealing with that FBI problem, I was so tired I fell on my bed and just woke up. But everything's ok now, thanks to your help and Clark's."

"You're welcome =) The FBI is still after you?"

"Yes. I can't go out as GA anymore."

"I still can't believe they arrested you after all the good things you did for your city, is so unfair"

"They still see me as a killer."

"But you're not anymore...You're a hero"

"Thank you, Kara, but is the way things are. I'm tired."

Kara kept staring at her phone as her mind went far away. After Barry's wedding, Cisco created a technology that made it possible for everyone to be able to communicate across the multiverse, because they could get trapped on another Earth and almost die again, so it made things easier to get help and get in touch. Since then, Kara and Oliver have been sharing messages, sometimes sharing about their day or something they were going through, or just to say hello and it slowly brought them closer with time. After their latest adventure with the Elseworlds situation, the messaging became more constant between them