Chapter 4

Curiosity piqued, Anu carefully removed the wrapping paper and opened the box. Anuj leaned in to take a look and noticed an abundance of pink. It appeared to be a fuzzy material of some kind. As Anu lifted the object out of the box, it became clear—she was holding a pair of fuzzy onesie pyjamas, all in one piece, resembling the ones the younger children wore during winter. However, this one was made for an adult and was covered in pink dogs. To Anuj's surprise, it even had a hood adorned with two pink dog ears.

"Oh my!" Anu exclaimed, looking at the peculiar garment, "Thank you, Choti."

Anuj heard some giggles from around the room. Apparently, the Choti heard them, too.

"Aapko pasand," Choti asked, biting her lip after she spoke apprehensively.

"Ha maari bebli bahut" Anu responded, her tone unwavering, "Bahut hi soft... Aur garam hai"

At that moment, Mukku burst into uncontrollable laughter, unable to contain herself any longer. Choti shot her a death glare.

"Fai aap haas kyu rahi hai?" she demanded. "Aapne hi kaha tha ki ye bahut achha gift hai!"

At this point, Anuj gave Mukku a death glare that looked alarmingly like Choti's, and the woman quickly got control of herself. "Arre tumne bhi same cheez boli thi mujhe." Mukku explained, trying to stifle her laughter, "Mummy ko thandi bahut lagti hai aur isliye tumhe ye dena hai."

Choti looked at her fai suspiciously and then she said slowly, "Ha kaha toh tha" Turning back toward Anu, she said, "Mummy main nahi chahti aapko firse thand lage. Ye pyjamas sabse zayada garam the and ye dog wala liye kyuki aapko dog bahut pasand. Aur aapko nangu pangu nahi sona padega agar aapke saare kapde barish main geele ho gaye toh" she added the last part enthusiastically.

Mukku and Devika struggled to contain their laughter, shaking and covering their mouths with their hands. Dheeraj nearly choked on his words, exclaiming, "Oh, damn!" Even Dolly couldn't contain her surprise and coughed on her juice. Bhavesh started coughing too, Samar swiftly excused himself to fetch water for Bhavesh, who followed along, and Toshu excused himself to use the washroom. Pakhi, feeling embarrassed, remained seated, looking down to avoid drawing attention to herself.

"Um, Main.... Thank you bebli... Itna khyaal rakhne k liye" Anu stammered, her face turning crimson.

Precap: Anu didn't even register what Bhairavi said after that point because she saw Anu's eyes open wide and look at her with an expression of dread. "No... " he mouthed, wanting her to assure him his suspicion was wrong, but she only nodded, feeling the flaming heat return to her cheeks once more.

.....

.....

.....

With a cheeky smirk on his face and a mischievous glimmer in his eyes, he smoothly retreated, purposefully increasing the distance between himself and Anupama. His steps were deliberate, accentuating his confident, teasing demeanor as he leisurely made his way toward the refrigerator. His lips curled into a smug grin as he said, "Chalo Acha hai, tum humare anniversary gift se itni toh nahi Sharma gayi ki mujhe tum pass hi nahi aane dogi"

-------------------------------------------------

As promised but picture abhi kaafi baaki hai mere dost!! Stay tuned!! 💙💙💙