Chapter 5

"Ye Anuj tum roz hi yese sote ho ya sirf baarish aati hai tab," Dheeraj asked, still laughing so hard that his words were barely comprehensible.

"Dheeraj, please," Anuj admonished him, but Mukku couldn't contain her laughter any longer. Devika and Dolly had given up the fight against their own laughter, and Kinjal and Pakhi blushed.

Choti, interpreting Dheeraj's words as an insult to her mother, spun around and shouted, "Unhe nangu pangu sona pada tha kyuki unke paas zayada night dress nahi hai. Mummy ki sab saree pretty wali hai jise vo sirf bahar pehenti hai aur ek dam beautiful queen jaisi lagti hai. Aur maine aur Bhairavi ne unke drawer main check kiya tha toh unke pass saare night dress bahut chote hai. Itne chote ki vo mujhe bhi chote hote hai aur patle bhi hai; jisse kissi ko bhi thand lag sakti hai."

"Haa usme se sab aar paar bhi dikh raha tha" Bhairavi chimed in.

The various adults in the room had tried with varying amounts of success to keep straight faces during this description of Anu's lingerie, and Anuj suppressed the urge to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. In reality, he and Anu rarely wore anything to bed after a few months of marriage, once they became comfortable with each other. They preferred the intimacy of lying skin to skin, not that it was anyone else's business, and they certainly preferred making love in their natural state. He enjoyed seeing and touching every inch of his beautiful wife, and by some miracle, she seemed to feel the same way about him. They had robes hanging right beside the bed for nights when one of the children would have a bad dream or a tummy ache. On those occasions, they would quickly put on their robes before opening the door.

"Choti ye bahut acha gift hai aur main tumhari fai ko bahut achse thank you bolungi tumhe ye dilwane k liye," Anu managed to say, her words carrying an implied threat that Choti may have missed, but Mukku certainly didn't. She looked down, feeling a bit flushed herself.

Adding to the teasing, Devika said, "Ab Anuj k pyjama ki baari."

Choti looked at Devika as if she had lost her mind. "Papa ko pyjamas ki zarurat nahi hai," she said, dismissing the idea as ridiculous.

"Bas kavita ae karva lo isse," Devika said, shaking her head,"Tu toh sach main sanskari romance wala nikla. Anu Menka banke teri tapasiya bhang kar rahi hai aur tu fir bhi vishwamitra banke pyjama pehke sota hai"

Anu's face turned even redder. With her hand on her bindi, she desperately wished the ground would swallow her up.

But Choti spoke up, "Papa bhi nangu pangu soye the. Unke paas bhi pyjama nahi hai par unko thand bilkul nahi lagti! Vo quilt bhi nahi use karte. Mummy aur Bhairavi ko bahut thand lagti hai. Vo humpe humesha gussa karte hai agar hum raat ko jab unke saath sote hai tab quilt agar niche gira de toh. Uss din bhi jab baarish ne mummy ki night dress wali saree gili kar di thi tab papa ne quilt niche gira diya tha aur isliye mummy ne papa ko oodh liya tha taki unko thand na lage."

Devika howled with laughter, and Anuj heard everyone joining in with loud laughter. But suddenly, he heard Baa screech loudly, "Tumhare room main lock nahi hai."

"Baa..," Anu breathed. Anuj could feel her trembling slightly beside him.

"Mummy aapko gift pasand nahi aaya?" Choti asked hesitantly, her lower lip quivering.

Anu looked at her daughters and took a deep breath. "Mujhe bahut bahut bahut pasand aaya ye gift," she said fiercely, grabbing and holding both girls tightly. "Baa lock hai humare room main. Par agar ek baar bhul gaye toh koi paap nahi kar diya hai humne" Then she looked around the room with an expression that silenced everyone. "Mujhe bahut acha lagaa tumne mere liye itna sab kuch socha. Meri har choti se choti pareshani ka khyaal tum, bhairavi aur Anuj rakhte ho" She looked around at the adults in the room again, particularly at Baa, and said rather defiantly, "Mujhse bahut bahut bahut pyaar karte ho. Chalo ab dusre gift ki baar. Chal Bhairavi baata tune Anuj k liye kya liya hai?"

"Main jaa rahi hu yaha se. Mujhe nahi rehna yese mahool main" Baa left storming after saying this.

Bhairavi grinned and ran off to the table, and Anuj reached for Anu's hand as she kissed Choti and carefully laid the garish pink garment beside her. Anu squeezed his hand to let him know she was all right which meant he was all right as well.

"I love you," he whispered in her ear.

"I love you, too," she told him.

"Aapka gift yaha hai uncle!" Bhairavi shouted.

----------------

Precap: Anu didn't even register what Bhairavi said after that point because she saw Anu's eyes open wide and look at her with an expression of dread. "No... " he mouthed, wanting her to assure him his suspicion was wrong, but she only nodded, feeling the flaming heat return to her cheeks once more.

.....

.....

.....

With a cheeky smirk on his face and a mischievous glimmer in his eyes, he smoothly retreated, purposefully increasing the distance between himself and Anupama. His steps were deliberate, accentuating his confident, teasing demeanor as he leisurely made his way toward the refrigerator. His lips curled into a smug grin as he said, "Chalo Acha hai, tum humare anniversary gift se itni toh nahi Sharma gayi ki mujhe tum pass hi nahi aane dogi"

---------

Hey everyone, let's get those upvotes rolling in quickly! The more upvotes, the faster the updates. And hey, don't forget to drop some comments too. 🫶🫶