𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜 ⸺𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊✯ ┊ ┊ ✯★ ┊ ★✯ ✯★

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
✯ ┊ ┊ ✯
★ ┊ ★
✯ ✯

                 "AND THEN, NETEYAM throws himself right into the fight behind Lo'ak, and starts punching Ao'nung's friends—"

Amraë trailed off upon seeing the expression on Tsireya's face. The latter looked awfully embarrassed, absently tracing her finger in the sand beneath the rocks there were sitting on. Near them, the sea licked the beach in dark traces, the fluorescent life underneath it coming to life with the eclipse recently passed.

"I am so sorry, Amraë," Tsireya said for what could have been the tenth time in a row.

"It wasn't your fault, Reya," Amraë countered for the tenth equal time.

Tsireya picked up a shell and dusted off the wet sand, observing it without seeming to see it.

"Still. I feel responsible. I'll make sure my brother and his friends do not trouble Kiri and Lo'ak again. Although I'm sure my father has made that clear enough for him already."

Amraë smiled thinly in gratitude before shrugging, hoping to lighten her friend's mood. "It was sort of funny, to be honest. They all looked kind of ridicu—"

Tsireya's gaze diverted to somewhere behind Amraë shoulder and she cleared her throat, making the latter pause mid-sentence and turn. Neteyam was approaching in large steps, the crease between his furrowed brow markings an obvious sign of distress. Only now did Amraë notice his split slip.

He saluted them in a haste. "Amraë. Tsireya. Have either of you seen Lo'ak? He's been missing since...well, Dad told him to go apologize to Ao'nung, and I haven't seen him since."

Amraë looked over to Tsireya, who shook her head helplessly. She stood and faced Neteyam.

"I'll help you look for him."

Behind her, the brushing of light clothing indicated that Tsireya had rose to her feet as well.

"I will ask around in the village if anyone has seen him."

The three of them went their separate ways, Tsireya heading back into the village and Amraë and Neyetam keeping to the outskirts, scanning every tree and spot where Lo'ak could be hiding, but to no avail. Amraë could sense Neteyam tensing more and more, his tail whipping the air and ears twitching, as the minutes passed and Lo'ak remained missing. She grew concerned as well, something telling her that Lo'ak was not simply hiding out of his own will. They ended up circling back to the beach, near where the fight had happened earlier.

As Neteyam was about to come out of the trees to scan the beach, Amraë spotted some movement in the water, and quickly pulled him back.

"Look!"