12: End Of Year Dance

Time Skip to a few months later (June 16)

Taurus POV

I'm so, so, so, so excited for the eoyd! That's short for the end of year dance!! Most importantly, it's for freshmans like us and we can go with anyone!! Well, of course, I'm obviously going with Scorpio, but I'm not sure who Aries is going with yet.

I know I'm not the Gossiper type but this is seriously some juicy drama! So, apparently, Sag and Libra broke up because Sag cheated on her with Aries!! God, this guy was a mess. Anyways, back to reality. Our last class of the day was French class and I just wasn't in the mood since I've been failing all semester along with Math.

"Alright class, open your books to page 373," Ms. Sioux says groggily. Virgo raised her hand. "Yes?" The teacher asks. "When are we getting the results for our finals?" Virgo asks. "After you all read page 373," Ms. Sioux simply says.

After we read page 373, Ms. Sioux showed us our results and I did.....well okay.....I guess. But at least I didn't fail, right? After all that, Aries and I got dressed for the dance. I was wearing a black dress and some eye shadow. "So, how do I look?" I asked Aries. "Pretty good, how about me?" Aries replied.

"You look awesome," I say, even though her dress was really ugly. She smiles at me and I ask her who she's going with. "Sag, obvi," She sassily says. I nod. "I assume that you're going with Scorpio or am I wrong?" She asks me.

"No, you're right that I'm going with him," I reply. She nods. "Are you sad that the year's over now?" Aries asks. I gave her a look that says 'well, do you think I'm stupid?' And she nodded. "Are you?" I asked. She shakes her head.

"You know we still have a couple more days here, right?" I ask her. She nods. "I was thinking about doing something fun with the girls," Aries says. "Like, sneaking out to the Mall?" I ask her. "Yeah, that's a pretty good idea," She replies.

We make our way down the stairwell and Aries spots her date. "Y-You look beautiful", Sag tells her. She mumbles something that I couldn't hear. "Sag, have you seen Scorpio?" I ask since he lives in the same dorm as him. "He's outside," He replies. I mouth a thank you to him.

"Scorpio! Scorpio!" I call out. No luck. 'There he is' I think. 'Wait, is that Ophiuchus?' I think and see. They were laughing at something and they looked like they were enjoying each other's company. All these feeling swirled around my head. Am I sad? Am I mad? Am I hurt? I simply can't choose.

He knows I hate Ophiuchus, so what would he be doing with her? That's it, I'm gonna confront them right now! Or just Scorpio because Ophiuchus just left ( thank God). "What were you doing with her?" I ask him. "Holy shit, Taur you scared the fuck out of me!" He exclaims. I look at him puzzled. "This isn't what this is about!" I exclaim. "What were you guys talking about?" I say calming down a little. Scorpio scoffs.

"Do you really need to know everything I'm doing?" He asks. "YES, I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND, AFTER ALL!" I say starting to raise my voice. He scoffs again. "Look, Taurus, you don't need to be right all the time," He says trying to reason with me. "Are you for real right now? I'm not talking about being right, I'm talking about trying to look out for you!" I yell.

He scoffs AGAIN. I mock him and scoff, too. "Ophiuchus and I were just talking, alright, can we leave it at that?" Scorpio says. I scoff. "No, I need to know what you're talking about," I respond. He mocks me. "I don't need to tell you anything If I don't want to, it's my life, not yours," Scorpio replies. "Oh, please. Even though my thing is always being right, this is not about that!" I practically scream at him.

"God, why are you so stupid!" He yells. I suddenly freeze. How dare he. He knows I'm very insecure about this. I couldn't take it anymore. With the tears I held back, I had the courage to slap him really hard across the face, that he was practically bleeding. I ran back inside. I ran to the girl's bathroom, found a stall, and cried my heart out—-while of course listening to Taylor Swift.

I get a text from Scorpio asking if we're still together. And I text him: "Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now" which is a Taylor Swift lyric from "Wildest Dreams".  I could tell he knew what it meant because I always text him things like this. He then texted back, "I guess we're over then," And I sighed at the thought of this.

The dance had already begun and I was still crying in the bathroom, too embarrassed to show up. Aries didn't text me a "where are you?" text or anything. Seems like nobody was worried about me. I guess I'll just sit through the pain then.

No. I'm gonna go out there and have fun at that dance. Date or no date! I unlock the bathroom stall and run down the stairwell to the dance. My makeup was all screwed up until I redid it in the bathroom. "Hey, Taurus, where were you? I didn't see you enter!" Aries says excitedly. "Scorpio and I are over," I meekly tell her. "Oh," She says very low. "I'm so sorry," She said. "It's alright, I'll get over it," I say putting on a fake smile.

Aries look at me and back at the dance. "Where's Sag?" I ask. "He's too much of an asshole to be here," She says. I nod. "Why don't we have some fun since we're already here?" Aries excitedly asks. She could always make a horrible situation into something great. That's what I love about her.

"Why not?" I say excitedly. We then danced the night away and had the best and worst night of our lives there. We've still got one more day here and I'm gonna waste the Saturday by sneaking out to the Mall with my friends and trying to fix our broken hearts. This year has been a surprise since I've came here and you never know what might happen over the years.