𝕋𝕒𝕡𝕖 𝟘.𝟝

Since the day they were born, Misa Jun Watabe and Kirumi Watabe were seen as two sides of the same coin. As children, they had very few physical differences. Both being born with the same lilac eyes with a mole under the right one and the same raven hair that seemed to glow purple under bright sunlight that was even styled the same way: tightly pinned back into two twin drills with a slight fringe.

                     If they were to stay completely silent and stand next to one another, people could never tell the difference. Not even their own parents, which hurt the twins more than they would care to admit. 

                      However, if they were to begin talking, people could automatically connect who was who based off of descriptions given by their parents. While MJ was more friendly and willing to talk to the people at her parents' socialite gatherings, Kirumi was more of her shadow. Preferring to stay silent and allow her sister to take the lead on conversations. If she was alone or forced into conversation, she would give a fake grin and talk in an obvious, fake, jovial tune until her sister could come take her away. 

                      MJ never minded this trait, she always loved playing hero to her younger twin's struggles, from saving her from these conversations or saving her from a spider hiding in the corner of their playroom. The two would be seen hand in hand walking together with MJ cheerfully leading the way and Kirumi giving a rare genuine smile that would only be seen by her sister.

                     As they got older, their differences finally came to light as they were finally able to dress themselves and got involved in their own hobbies. Rather than taking their parents' advice and buying the same clothes and being identical similarly to when they were children, they did everything in their power to be as different from the other as possible. 

                 MJ chose to dye and bleach her hair vibrant colors every year while cutting it shoulder length and using curlers to make her hair seem thicker than it truly was. She adopted baggier, ripped jeans and oversized coats & shirts. MJ also got more involved with the "lower-class" as her parents called them and took up the hobby of street art, most of which were in places near her father's police station, knowing that he would see them. She also began the habit of ditching her parents' parties in favor of festivals going on in Provinces away from Downtown Tokyo.

               On the flip side, Kirumi remained her closed off self and gained a silver tongue to go along with her false joy. She kept her hair long and never dyed it no matter how much MJ begged. However, she did use her sister's curlers to make it look wavy. She adored the bows, the frills, and the lavish style that she had been born into and never wore anything besides dresses or skirts. She conformed to what her parents expected of her and that was even seen in the gymnastics classes Kirumi begged her parents to sign her up for. Hesitantly, her parents agreed to her enrollment as long as she promised them both a favor in the future.

          Despite her desire to do flips and tumble, Kirumi was always the more cautious twin, preferring to silently observe in the corner. So, when it was revealed that their father was dying of pancreatic cancer when the twins were 10, Mr. Watabe took Kirumi into a private room and used his favor to make her learn one skill that he knew his wife would never approve of.

           "I don't have all the time left in the world, I know that, and I need to use it wisely."  He told her while she blankly stared at him, one hand on her shoulder with the other place lightly on the gun cabinet that was hidden in the sitting room. "Someone needs to protect your sister, and it can't be me forever."

          He got onto his knees so he could be eye level with his youngest daughter as she remained silent, eyes nervously darting around the room to try and avoid eye contact.