Why Franmaya works

Lets get two things gay,

Trope: Opposites Attract/GirlbossxGirlboss. Franziska is cold and rude, while Maya is a cute 18 year old who loves food (burgers)

Have they interacted: In directly. I'm not one to ship people who haven't met/talked, but this is pretty much my only exception. 

Maya is shown to admire Franziska in some diolouge. She talks about how she admires her achievements. Franziska is shown to admire Maya for staying strong even after the trama she has endured, and on how Maya is strong for Pearl. 

(Franziska smiles whenever she notices that Maya is being happy for Pearls

(Franziska smiles whenever she notices that Maya is being happy for Pearls.) 

Another thing is that Franziska spent ALL NIGHT with Iris trying to open a lock to save Maya. "But that common sense!!" 

Thats where your wrong :)! Franziska is said to not care about the current murder going on, until she finds out that Maya is in trouble. Considering the fact that Franzsika has no interest in...literally anyone not worth her time, this is kind if shocking. 

More evidence that Franziska and Maya have something, is that when Larry Butz was begging Franziska to model in an art piece he had made, she declined. She also threatens him. Until she notices Maya glaring at her, she then accepts. 

In episode 15 of the anime, Maya shows intest in Franziska. (ex. Asking questions and junk)

Its also quoted 

 Fran: "Then tell me! For whose sake is Maya Fey putting up such strong appearance!"

Nick: "It's you! Maya... it's because she thinks of you as a dear friend...!"

Maya thinks of Franziska as a friend. Meaning that they HAVE interacted, just off screen.

*Edgeworth updates auptsy report*