chapter 26 (lie)

ZYMON's POV

In guilt, I went home early, and cooked dinner. At 6 eve, I call Vivian to inform her I am waiting for dinner... Her phone is out of coverage...

I call for the kids...

"Hello, Daddy!" Zyv and Vianz

"Hello, kiddos ...where's Mommy?"

"Oh... Mommy's car is in trouble, she can't go home, Mang Ben fetch us..."

"What? Who's that Mang Ben?"

"Chelsea's driver,"

For the first time, I am home that Vivian is not home, she will not be sleeping there. Where is she? And with whom?

Is she getting back to me?

I am so disappointed, after I and the kids dined, I went to the pool and had shots of whisky. I dial and re-dial Vivian's phone, still it's still out of coverage area. I don't know what time I was able to sleep, I am sure when the spirit of alcohol was affected.

Early morning, around 6 she's home... I saw Vivian assisting and giving instructions to a lady in her early 40s who was cooking.

I was surprised we have now a cook... We have a lot of house helpers but Vivian takes charge of the cooking. She only asks for assistance.

And now, she officially employs a cook... Another person will cook for us... I feel something is wrong.

"Good morning," she greets me\  when she notices I am t her back.

"Where have you been?"

"I sleep over with Mira,"

Mira is her old-time friend from college...but why she will sleep over with her?

I didn't speak anymore, I know she lied. Why Vivian is lying now?

VIVIAN's POV

I know Zymon was surprised to see that we have now a cook.

I don't mind him. The cook will do the cooking on my behalf, I will teach my kids not to depend on me, sooner or later I will die, they must learn to be self-reliant, and not used to my presence.

As for Zymon, he should be used to eating in his concubine, anyway, sooner or later I will die aside from the fact that he prefers to dine with her.

Days and months passed. Same Zymon, as if I am just an air... Maybe too calm that he can't even notice.

It's the weekend, as usual, Zymon is on his weekend out-of-town business meeting. Since he will go, I tell the kids that we will spend our Saturday at Kuya Jeth's pad...

We have made our Saturday fun-filled Saturday.

Swimming... Grilling... And playing.

At dinner, he called up Adel, they will discuss the details of my heart transplant.