1

Listen to the song while reading!
Song: Gods & Monsters - Lana Del Rey
-

NOW
ELEVEN YEARS LATER

MY LEGS aren't working today. The comfortable and soft sheets have welcomed me into their family as I covered myself with a warm blanket just like how my brother, Damien, used to tuck me in.

Lips dried and cracked, hair messy and matted. Eyes puffy and red from flooding my room with tears. Rib cage is finally visible from all the remarks made about my body.

But hope glimmered when I looked at my window.

The glorious sunlight peared over my face. The dazzling gold colour felt like a gateway to heaven.

I couldn't take my eyes off the spellbinding sky, Mother Nature had really outdone herself.

A sense of solace entered my system. The vibrant orange, pink, and blue ombré were a very content and wealthy family of three. Rich in love, happy in colour - Something that I was supposed to have as a child. My vision was blessed by the generosity of Mother Nature, she was willing to share her happy family with me. I will forever be grateful to her.

Mother Nature was kind.

Not only did Mother Nature have a heart of gold, but she was smart too. She taught me a very important lesson; that even the most gorgeous things can reach their breaking points. Who knew Mother Nature was so wise?

Looks like she was right, because a few minutes later, the clouds suddenly died from exhaustion. The beads of morning and night's friendship bracelets lost all their exuberance as they broke, pouring onto earth in transparent solitude. Water droplets hitting my once captivating window; the protective barrier between me and the pubescent mellow air from outside.

However, the mellow air is now grey, no more bright colours. Just pure rain, pure tears.

Suddenly, the rain became heavier.

A soft reminder that even Mother Nature cries.

Heavey tumultuous sounds of rain enraging my ears till' they bleed.

Another reminder that even Mother Nature has mental breakdowns.

The sky was no longer spellbinding, all hope and motivation left my body.

However, deep down in the attic of my damaged heart, I still had faith in both Mother Nature and the sky. I had faith that she would stop crying hysterically, turning the sky beautiful once again.

Mother Nature was strong. Mother Nature was kind. Mother Nature was beautiful.

I understood Mother Nature.

I stayed with my new family in hopes that Mother Nature would be happy again.

It took a very long time before she calmed down. I was dissapointed.

It is devistating that something that was once so beautiful, turned into something so melancholy, something so tragic.

The window in my bedroom was my shield. It protected me from the rain and wrath of Mother Nature. However, after hiding behind my armoured escutcheon for what seemed like an eternity, I finally understood something. Something society refuses to understand.

It took me a long time, but I finally understood; I didn't need to protect myself from Mother Nature, I needed to acknowledge Mother Nature's problems.

I opened my window, shattering the barrier. I released myself into the cloudburst, into the enraged sky, in hopes of giving Mother Nature a big hug because god knew she needed one.