Chapter 1 : A virus changes the world

It was May 2, 2020, a virus was all over the U.S. People said it was going to be the apocalypse. Well I didn't believe them, when I heard it but now I have a different opinion.
Well it all started like this. I was outside at my house in Sidon,Mississippi. I had a little 5 acre plot. I had a little cabin for my dog and me. He was a German Shepard named Robert. I was a co martial arts dojo owner. I was playing fetch with Robert, while listening to the radio. A service announcement went off. It said," the virus is out of control" , "people are coming back alive , the head is the. Ahhhhhhhh!" The radio went to static. Robert started to bark. He ran to this thing. It looked like a human but there was a big open wound on its chest. Robert took a bite out of its leg. It grabbed Robert and bit him. It started to eat him, while I stood there in fear. It finally noticed me and got up and started to slowly walk to me. I kicked it in the gut. It didn't effect it at all. I then kicked it in the head. The head fell off and the body stopped moving. I realized the head was the weakness. I ran into my house and grabbed the phone I called my closest friends and family. First I called my sister Robyn. She lived in Atlanta, Georgia. She said," Brandon Makely they closed off the city and separated the exposed and the uninfected people." I heard a big boom, "come quick Brandon." I said," don't hang up Robyn." The call died. I called my closest friend Gage, he was at our dojo. My other friends Makayla and Megan were in Jackson, Mississippi. My other friend Carson was in Atlanta with my sister. I changed into some jeans, a Spider-Man shirt, a black coat, and some nikes. I jumped into my black Ford F-150 and headed to Greenwood. I was about two blocks away from my dojo when this guy pulled me out of my truck. Every where I looked it was people panicking. The guy that stole my truck was gone so I ran to the dojo. I ran in and saw my friend Gage. He was practicing his kata. He was in his black gee and his black belt. I said," dude we have to leave." He said," why." I said," the virus is out of control." All of a sudden a scream was heard. We ran out side and saw about 12 of those things again. I said," run" those things noticed us and started after us. We ran into the dojo. I said," get the emergency pistol and shoot the in the head." He ran to the back to get the pistol. They found there way into the dojo. I hit ones head off. I couldn't use just my hands and feet so I ran to this rack of swords on the wall pulled off Gage and my sword our master gave. I cut the two of those things heads in half. The last nine were closing in when Gage shot the whole clip at those things. One of those things were left. I slashed the things head in half. I said," we have to leave." Gage and I jumped into his convertible and drove to his house. I said," where are we going." He said,"my house I have a wife you know unlike you." I said," yeah I forgot sorry" He said," also I have some guns." I said," I forgot you were in the military." We made it to his house. His wife came out it was one of my close friend,Madeline Beard. My phone rang it was very staticky. It said," Brandon" static "come to" static "on highway 82" static "come quick." The call died. I said," we have to leave." Madeline said,"why." The infection is getting worse people are coming back to life and we need to leave, Atlanta is a safe zone." Gage said,"Madeline lets go to the gun cabinet and get the guns and some food and water. Hey Brandon, you are pretty good with that sword you should keep it." Madeline came out with a few bags some guns and bullets. I said," we have to find my friend at highway 82, I don't know where but some where." I got in Madeline's van and Gage and Madeline got inGage's convertible. We made it to this dollar general and a gas station. We went into the dollar general first. Gage and Madeline went to the cloths section. They went to change cloths. I got a few supplies while they changed. I got a few ropes, more food, a army knife, lighter, and gun holsters. I heard a sound coming from the changing room it sounded like Gage and Madeline was having some fun. I went to the car and put it in the car. When Gage and Madeline walked out. Gage had on jeans and a blue sleeveless shirt. Madeline had on black jeans and a black tee shirt with a heart in the middle. The both had on boots. We then started to head for the gas station when we saw about 100 of those things. We ran into the gas station and ran int my friend Makayla and Megan. Megan had on a white blouse and jeans and Orange nikes. Makayla had on a black tee with red jogging pants and purple shoes. I said,"we have to get to roof." We got to the roof. We looked over the side and there was nothing but those things. I said," we are totally screwed."