Chapter 3: Trouble in Atlanta

We stopped at the edge of the city. I said," stop and be quiet." I heard someone yell. Gage said," look" a napalm came down and blew up the city. I said," no!!!!" I started running towards the city. I was intercepted by Gage. He stopped me and said," Look I will go into the city and try to find your sister and Carson. We can set up camp in the clearing we saw back about a half a mile. I said," ok but I think I should go." Gage said," why do you say that." I said well it is my sister." Gage said," or is it because you think you are better than me." I said," I don't think that." Meagan said," both of you stop." We were in silence until Meagan cranked the car. She said," Brandon hop in let Gage take the bike." I jumped into the car and headed for the clearing." We made it to the clearing. It was a big enough clearing that we were able to fit the car in the clearing. I then used my Swiss army knife to cut a few limbs down. I then covered the car with them so nobody could see the car. I then went down to a little river about a a couple of yards away. I was traveling down the river when I came across a dead. It was eating a dead marine. He k was holding a fishing rod and a tackle box. I went up to the dead. Pulled out my knife and stabbed it in the head. I looted his body. He had a few grenades, a pistol, and a cb radio in his bag. Well I took his bag and other stuff. I was walking away from the body when I saw an American flag in the distance. I started going towards the flag when I came across a church. It had the flag on the flag pole. I pulled down the flag and started going towards the marine's dead body. I made it to the dead body and wrapped the marine in the flag. I then said," thank you for your service now you should rest in peace." I picked up the dead body and slowly dropped it in the river. I then started down towards the clearing. I came across this spot in the river where fish were stuck in a net. I grabbed the net out of the water. It had about 20 fish on it. I pulled it out and dragged it to the clearing. I made it to the clearing. Madeline said," wow where did you get that." I said," well I found it in the river." She said," ok let's get to cooking." She pulled out the skillet from the Truck stop. It was about dusk when we finished eating, I jumped up and said," got watch tonight y'all get some sleep." Meagan said," nice try you haven't slept in two days I have watch." I said," I am a better shot I need to take watch." She said," no you haven't slept you may pass out on a run from exhaustion and die." I said," fine but Madeline is a better shot than you so she is on watch." Madeline said," ok I will." We then all fell asleep.

During that time Gage was heading into Atlanta. He finally made it to the edge of the city at about mid-day. He looked around and notice nothing but ash. He slowly rode around the city. The further in he got the higher the buildings got. Soon he got where there were full buildings all around him. He was slowly riding around on my Honda when he came to a complete stop. He looked around. The place had tall broken buildings with blood everywhere. The air had ash from the burned buildings. The streets had asphalt pieces everywhere and military gear everywhere. He started riding around the block when he started hearing bullets. He peeped around the corner and saw these marines fighting off some dead. Gage started to walk away when he heared a scream. He turned around and saw one of them getting eaten from the inside out. He ran over to the dead and started to kill them with his shotgun. He made his way to the marines and started to help them fend off the dead. They finally killed the dead. Gage said," hi i am Gage." The leader that was about 4 feet tall and wearing a marine uniform. He said," Step back." Gage said," why" as he slowly backed up. All of a sudden gun shots started going off. The leader said,"the rebellion is here back to the safe house." The marines started running away to this sewerage pipe. He ducked and rolled towards the nearest car. Gage hears a voice say," find them" He hears people start running away. Gage starts to to hear someone walking towards the car he was ducked behind. Gage felt he touch the car so Gage jumped over the car. Gage tried to kick the guy in the face but the guy blocked it. The guy then tried to punch Gage. Gage blocked it. He then stared into the guys eyes and let go of his hand. Gage said," Alright Carson stop the act." Carson looked up at Gage and said," took you long enough to realize it was me." Gage said," where is robyn." Carson said," let me tell you in a safer place." We entered this elevator in a nearby building. Carson said," those people back there you helped save are Rusian soldiers. They have been trying to break into the CDC for some answers. Well we are the rebellion and we stop the Rusians from surviving. I control the attacks to stop the Rusians and Robyn and Landon controls the supplies and food." Gage said," so Robyn is still alive." They get to the top of the building. It was a whole living place with solar panels and everything. Gage said," this is what yall are safe in." Carson said," yep but we need some reinforcements to keep it safe." Gage said," well i have a few people that can help." Carson said," who."

I was in the car sleeping when I heared a voice that said," Brandon wake up we have to get into the safe place." I said," what safe place." I open my eyes and to my sister.