Part VII

"So... eventful night?" Arty started with a coy smile.

Joey snorted, rubbing the beginning of a bruise around his nose. "You can say that."

"I had a wonderful night." She started to say, slipping her silk robe over her negligee. "Although, I had to retire early. I was expecting company."

She took a seat and tapped the stop next to her on the couch.

"Oh?" Joey asked. "Travis Kelce?" He asked bitterly.

"No," Arty scoffed. "a Mr. Joey Bosa. Who took his time finally getting here."

Joey took a seat and grimaced at the ache in his back from the fight. "Yeah, well I wasn't expecting to be sent on a scavenger hunt around LA to find you.."

"It was hardly a scavenger hunt. No one told you to bring your teammates to beat someone up."

"Well, no one said to bait your boyfriend into hunting you down."

"Boyfriend? Wow, I didn't know we were exclusive? Did you finally decide that after five weeks of silence?"

"Art... I swear I didn't mean to react that way.." Joey started to say before getting quiet again.

"I am exhausted, Joey. So exhausted. I feel like I want this more than you want this." Arty said quietly.

Joey looked up quickly at her and shook his head. "That's not fucking true."

"Isn't it? We fuck around a few months, you come over here whenever you want, you don't want to meet my friends or introduce me to your friends, I don't know much about your family and when you disappear, I'm iced out. I have no way of knowing where you are and if you're ok." Arty started to cry a bit towards the end. "That's not fucking fair, Joey."

"Arty.. I am just not good at sharing things with others. I didn't know what you wanted out of this because at times you were pulling away - I could tell."

"I wasn't pulling away! You were!" She said.

Joey was silent again before looking up at her. "Arty.. I swear that I want this more than anything else. I want us to try and be together. I know I fucked it up, but I swear.." He got down on his knees in front of her, reaching forward to grip her hands in his, trying to catch her eyes. "I swear that I won't shut down like that again. That I'll talk more about what I'm feeling." His eyes water a bit, but the tears did not fall as he sucked in a breath. "I know I fucked up, but I'm begging you.. Please let me make it up to you."

"I don't know." She whispered back to him, her right hand coming up to stroke his cheek, catching a stray tear that fell down his cheek.

"Arty.. baby, I swear I'll be more open." He whispered as he leaned up and pressed his nose to hers.

Arty sniffled, her tears streaking down her face now. She pressed her lips to Joey's, pulling up by the back of his head towards her.

They made out languidly as she sat on the couch, Joey kneeling in front of her. Slowly, he got up, managing to not break the kiss as he hooked her legs around his waist and lifted her with him.

They made their way to Arty's room where he shut the door with the back of his foot and dropped her on the bed softly.

The lamps on both sides of her bed were on, creating a dim lighting in the room as Joey quickly stripped out of his clothes and crawled over Arty.

She reached up to toy with his bun, pulling it loose from the hair tying and running her fingers through it.

Joey was pulling her negligee down, nipping at the skin down the valley of her breasts before leaning up again and pressing a kiss to her lips.