Epilogue Chapter-Engagement

I'll sprinkle in some concept photos! Enjoy!

I sat silently and listened to Ino and Temari fret over a half-drunk Tenten while the makeup artist worked on my face. Today's the day of my brother's wedding, December thirtieth.

My soon-to-be sister-in-law woke up this morning an anxious mess, worrying about every little detail because she wants it to be perfect. When all else failed, Ino went on a liquor run and returned with orange juice, grenadine, and tequila. After two tequila sunrises, the bride calmed down at least a little. Currently on her third, the bridal party's racing the clock.

There are seven bridesmaids here, all at different points in the process of preparing for the big event: Sakura, Ino, Matsuri, Temari, Okami, Hanabi, and me.

Personally, my hair was finished being put into loose, romantic curls. A headband, as thin as can be, was also in my hair, dainty diamonds making the style a little less plain.

Once my makeup is complete, I'll need to change into my dress. It's floor length, dark green, satin, and mermaid style, with a slit cut up one side to the upper thigh. Everyone's dress is the same material, shape, and color, but the tops have slight differences to offer a sense of individuality. Mine has a strap on the left shoulder but otherwise is relatively simple. After all, it's not my day to shine.

(Some similar dresses to what I picture.)

Inwardly, I know I should only be thinking about Neji and Tenten, but being surrounded by such beautifully crafted bridal attire and decorations made me as green as my dress

Inwardly, I know I should only be thinking about Neji and Tenten, but being surrounded by such beautifully crafted bridal attire and decorations made me as green as my dress. It's been over a year since Naruto and I moved in together. Each day I spend with him, Hanabi, and Shinzo makes me so happy I could cry. That's why I feel like such an awful person for wanting even more.

How selfish can I get?

Logically, I know the blue-eyed man loves me, and he's assured me a few times, both warranted and not, that there isn't anything to worry about, but I can't help it.

Only two of us don't have beautiful rings on our fingers: me and Matsuri. I glanced over at the shy brunette, who was having her hair curled nearby, and recognized the uncomfortable expression on her almost sad face. She's undoubtedly having just as hard a time as me.

Truthfully, we all know Gaara bought a ring just weeks after she woke from her coma. Temari helped him pick it out and told everyone, even though her little brother asked for it to be kept a secret. The only one who doesn't know is Matsuri herself. Gaara's just waiting for the right time. According to his sister, he has already planned a specific day.

What if those two get engaged before Naruto and me?! Sighing softly, I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. It's unhealthy, not to mention rude of me to think of things that way.

"And.... Finished. You look beautiful!" The artist snapped me out of my anxiety-induced daze.

Smiling gratefully, I slightly bowed toward her as I rose from my seat, "Thank you for the help."