Chapter 1: The Start

"So, why do you want this job?"

"Well, I've studied Journalism for a very long time, I love to write. I'd be a great asset to your company. I've already published new stories for companies around the city. I understand that I'd need to always be cautious when out in the field and messing with equipment."

He got up from his chair, and leaned over the desk staring at her.

Then he bobbed his head, "And you think you can survive the harsh, and brutal conditions that Journalism brings? Blazing winters, frozen summers!"

She blinked and rose a finger at him, then shyly spoke, "You uhm...Said it backwards."

He was quiet for a moment, "....Obviously you didn't hear me correctly. I said I'd..." He got caught off by the door opening.

"Wilford, what are you doing in here?!" A woman yelled.

Wilford gasped, and jumped back, "I uh....What are YOU doing in here?!"

The woman stomped in and looked at the other woman sitting in the chair, "I'm so, so sorry. I was supposed to be giving you your interview, not this lousy idiot." She glared at Wilford.

He shrugged, and looked at the woman he was interviewing, "I'm not going to say I'm sorry. I should be the one to prepare people for this job. Journalism is the...!"

"Shut up, Wilford! Before I fire you!" The woman huffed.

He turned to her then frowned, and headed towards the door. Before he left, he said, "I'll be seeing you later."

The woman went over and locked the door behind him, "Now," she smiled, and sat in her desk, "The interview shall begin...Why do you want to join AFC News?"

After the interview, she stood up, and began to leave the building. Once she got outside, she heard him call to her, "Hey, wait!!" She turned around, and saw him run towards her.

"Oh, it's you." She said, and blinked as he ran to her.

He looked at her, and rose a brow, "Soo...How did the interview go? Did you get the job? Not that I'd want to work with you, it's just my job to welcome newcomers to the company. Make sure you don't get caught off guard by what goes on in here."

She stares at him, "I think it went well...Your boss told me that I start next week. I'm your partner now."

Wilford tilted his head, raising a brow, "But...She says I'm impossible." He then points a finger at her, glaring, "I don't need anyone! I can do everything by myself!"

She giggled slightly, and shook her head, "You are an interesting man. I'll see you next week, okay?" She smiled, and walked towards her car.

Wilford stared at her as she walked along, "W-Wait! I didn't get your name..."

She turned around before she got in her car, "My name is Michelle. Very nice to meet you, Mister Warfstache." She giggled, then got in her car.

Wilford smiled a bit, then looked around, and chuckled a bit.