Chapter 11: Starting Again

(A/N: Sorry this is a short chapter, it just turned out that way. I've started the third book and I'm not sure what's gonna happen in it. But, soon the first book will all be uploaded so the second book is soon to appear. Anyway, enjoy.)

        From there the two worked harder than ever to regain their empire they once made together. It was more difficult the second time, as Wilford would put it, but that didn't stop them. Journalism was their passion, and together nothing would stop them. It was simply destiny that the two would create something so beautiful. Or was it?

A solid seven months went by when Warfstache Tonight! was in full swing again. The show was widely viewed, especially since audiences were astounded by Wilford's "revivals" and as some fans speculated his, "regenerations". Whatever that means. The fans were stunned and amazed. They not only enjoyed the show for that, but for who he interviewed. The occasion star, a character of mystery, some random people, or even a person no one knew. The person didn't matter to Wilford, the interview did. Everything had to be flawless. The cameras, the lighting, the cameramen, the audience. Everything mattered.

Wilford, one day, realized that something was strange. He woke up one morning, and looked at himself in the mirror. A sharp pain came through his chest, and he gripped his chest, groaning out slightly. He tilted his head upon seeing his reflection.

"What in the world?" He thought, "My hair...What's happened to it?" He saw at his bangs, that they were....Pink. He fiddled with his hair, wondering what was wrong with him. "Maybe it's finally happening," He sighed as he thought, "I didn't want it to happen so soon. All of my hair, pink. What will Michelle say?" He turned and looked out of the bathroom. He saw her sound asleep in their room. "We've been living together for so long," He thought, "She's loved me through everything, I made her forget me for a year. I've hurt her too much, and yet she's still with me. Yes, I know now. She is the love of my life, my one true..."

"Wilford," he heard her, "You here?"

He didn't answer her, he just closed the bathroom door, and waited for a moment. He heard her get up, and walk over to the door.

"I know you're in there, you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine," He said plainly, "Don't worry, I'll be out in a sec."

She frowned, then nodded, her voice soft, "Alright. I'll make us some breakfast."

"Thank you, love..." He replied to her as she walked off.

Moments went by, and he tried everything he could to make his hair less noticeable. Nothing worked. He tried cutting it, but more pink hairs grew within an instant. He tried scrubbing it, but the pink stained more. He tried hiding it with a towel, but he knew Michelle would take it off him. He sighed, and knew he was defeated. By now, his whole top part of his hair was pink. Was it an infection? A virus? Was the Warfstache in danger? Wilford had always thought this would happen, he just didn't want it to be around her. There was no hiding it now, he had to face her.

He walked out and went to the living room. He sat down, and looked at the TV. Michelle took a plate to him and her mouth hit the floor as she saw him. He didn't even look at her, he sighed, "I know."

"How did...?!" She put the plate down, and sat beside him.

"I'm not sure." He said, plainly.

She frowned and rubbed her hand through his hair, "Well, it's real, no doubt. It's cool, I admit. Is it because something is wrong with your...Condition?"

Wilford crossed his arms and huffed, "Yes, I know having a natural pink mustache is strange but calling it a condition is down right rude!"

Michelle lowered her head, and backed away from him, "Wilfy..."

He nodded, and looked at her, "Sorry. I don't think it is. Why would my hair turn pink after 20 years?"

"Well whatever the reason, let's just hope the audience will take it in a good way."

"I'm sure they will. I'm famous for my pink mustache after all. Adding pink hair will boost our ratings!" Wilford then jumped up, with a wide smirk on his face. "This is just perfect," He chuckled, "Just what I needed."