Chapter 5: No, It Was An Accident!

(A/N: This chapter will also take place in Wilford's POV.)

No cares, no worries, no people, nothing. Just me and my madness. Crazy am I, am I crazy? Wilford Warfstache won't take this anymore. If he is a killer, then he will accept it and prove that he is! Come little piggy's, you've entered into my trap.

The day was like any other, normal and quiet. Until I discovered two policemen had come to "checkup" on me. I have contemplated this for a long while. Nothing like this before. How to lure someone into your trap, knowing all the details, all the possibilities. The madness that entails is mind boggling. So with all my knowledge I did as I would, lure them in and wait to strike. After a while of "thinking" they entered the area where I was. The storage area. Just like she told me. In a quick motion I shot one of the officers, and pleaded how it was an "accident." Then a chase began and I fled up onto the roof. From there the other policeman began to shoot at me, and I fired back. This was the only rush I had gotten in a long time. The feeling of true freedom to act. I then shot him down and his buddy followed up and after him. That's when I held him at gun point and said "I know what you're thinking, it's the same thought I think every day, 'When did it all go so wrong?'" I felt so free but so hurt. The images of her flashed before my eyes as if to remind me of everything I had, and everything I lost. It was her. It was always her. Lost in my thoughts I was struck. The pain filled me and I fell. Closing my eyes, I accepted my fate. I had thought of every possible outcome expect the one where I was the one who was shot down. And now everything could just be over...

"You stupid idiot. You just couldn't give in, could you? I knew you were always so stubborn..."

That voice. It was hers. So soft and beautiful. Was it real or just a dream?

"Huh? Ungh..." I heard myself speak. My eyes opened and I saw that I was in a hospital. The noises flooded my ears but then I turned my head and saw something that broke my heart.

"S-stop...Why are you crying?!" I spoke, sitting up on the bed.

She looked at me, surprised and shocked.

I groaned slightly from the pain but I managed to move my hand and touch her cheek, "Why is something so beautiful crying?"

She smiled and spoke, "You are such an idiot, you know that? God, Wilford...Why would you do that? You could've died! And I would've..." Her voice trailed off as she rubbed her face against my hand.

"Would've what?" I smirked at her, and chuckled a bit. "You can't get rid of me that easily. I'm sorry, though. For what I've done. Please, Michelle...Look how hurt I am without you."

"Shut up. I know what you've done. And I'm the one that needs to say sorry. Everyone thinks you're a monster, and I'm the only one that should know you're not. You're so much more than what you've done, Wilford. And I'm forgiving you, and I want us to move on from this. I know you said you can't live without me, and I've seen that...But, I can't live without you either. You don't know but when I left AFC, I asked if I would be able to see you again and they told me I couldn't even be near you. Since I got a new job of the rivaling company. That broke my heart. When I saw you just recently, I wanted to forgive you but I thought you just couldn't be forgiven. And then something like this happens and it made me realize how much I love you. How much I don't want you to be like this. I don't care what people say, I want to be with you because you're the best thing to happen to me." By now she had so many tears streaming down her face and she stood up and hugged me.

I tried my best to hug her back and I looked up at her, "I don't want any more tears falling from those gorgeous eyes. I know it sounds unmanly of me...But I've been so broken without you and I need you in my life. So does this mean, you'll finally be with me?"

She looked at me and nodded, "Of course it does, you goof...You Wilf...y...Wilfy? What in the world did I just say?"

I chuckled and smirked slightly, "Wilfy? Really? A cute nickname for me? Fine, but this means you're my...Chell Bug. How about that?"

She giggled her cute giggle and sat back down, "You're silly...I like that."

"Oh really? Well there's definitely more to me to like." I chuckled and winked at her.

I watched her as she blushed and bit on her lip, "Hey, you shut up!"

We both sat there and laughed for hours on end. Just her and me. And for the first time in my life, I'd never been happier.

After those fun hours, I was feeling better than ever.

"So you know how to get me out of this whole arresting me business. How?" I blinked, looking at her.

"Don't worry about it, everyone thinks you're dead, really. When it all blows over, you'll be 'resurrected' or whatever. I'm sure no one will care by then."

I chuckled and nodded. Then, after a bit...

"I guess, I'm done with journalism then. My whole life of it is completely ruined." I said, sighing.

She shook her head, "No, don't say that. You've always been the best journalist I've ever seen. You do stories no one has ever even heard of! You can't stop now, Wilford."

I looked at her, "Come on, Michelle. No one is interested in the stories I do. Besides, I have nothing. No company will take me after what I've done. I'm on my own, and I won't drag you into being like me. All broken and have nothing to give the world."

"Don't you say that! I'll help you any way I can. You don't need to go to another company to do unique stories, you know why? Because we'll make our own, yeah. No one does your kind of stories, so we'll make our own company. Our own stories, our own show, just you and me Wilford."

I chuckled at her, at this unbelievable thought, "How could we do something like that? Do you even know how much money and effort that would cost? You need to do other things with your life than waste it on me, Michelle." I nodded, and looked away from her.

She went over to me, "Listen to me, you silly idiot. There's nothing more that I want to do than to be with you. I'd gladly give up everything I have to be with you. Why won't you let me do that?"

I looked at her and began to laugh, "Alright, alright, missy. If you can get it to happen, then I'll do it. We'll do it."

She nodded, and turned to the door, "We will do it. I better get started." She smiled and ran out of the room.

I chuckled, watching her. After a moment, I blinked, "Wait! What am I supposed to do now?!"