Chapter 6

Shiloh

Sleeping any more after that dream wasn't happening.

Sam wanted me to talk more about it, but I refused to speak. So, he left me alone for a while. Shockingly.

I was getting a little stir crazy, being alone in the room. So, I decided to roll over to the side where I knew it was closer to the door. I got used to the room, already.

Reaching both hands out, I swept the air in front of me. There weren't any shapes in front of me, other than the nightstand to my right. So, I was trying to find at least a wall to follow to the door.

I took a few steps around the nightstand, and my hand grazed a wall. I felt the bumpiness of the wall, and allowed it to be a guide until I felt the smooth wood of the door. The texture was the only indicator that I knew was the door. And the fact it was a slightly darker color than the wall.

Grabbing the door knob, I turned it and swung the door open and stepped out into the hall.

"Sam?" I called out, looking around. But no answer. No indication of movement around me. Everything was just a muddy mess of tan. There was no light source, that I could tell. Maybe it was still nighttime. Or just no windows and lights.

I took a step to my left, and felt the hardwood beneath my feet. I wasn't given any shoes, so it felt cold against my skin.

"Sam?" I called out again, as I continued walking and swinging my arms out.

There was a door to my right that sounded like it opened. It scared me so much, that I immediately shifted. My bones cracking at the sudden act of them rearranging. Fur covered my skin, instantly making my skin itch as it grew.

I jumped towards the sound, and knocked into a body, toppling us both over. I went to bite, but hands entered my muzzle, strong enough to where I couldn't bite down.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's just me! It's just Sam!" Sam's voice yelled. I pulled my muzzle out of his hands and jumped off. Growling, I looked towards his voice.

Damnit, Sam! Fucking scaring me.

He seemed to sit up from the way he was moving. He paused.

"You called my name. So I came to check it out. Are you okay?" He asked, before moving again, almost crawling to me. I could barely make out his silhouette.

I snapped at him, and he seemed to move away. "Hey. Hey. What's wrong?" He asked, gentler. His shadow started to move towards me again, and I felt his hand on the top of my head.

"Love, please change back and talk to me."

Love? Why is this man using nicknames with me now? I don't want him to.

I turned my head and bit his arm, hard. I heard him grunt, and he tried to shake me off. "Shi.. come on." He growled, using his free hand to try and pry me off. But I bit harder, tasting iron.

All of a sudden, his arm was gone and out of my mouth, and my teeth clattered together as my jaw hinged upwards. And a body slammed into me, pinning me down.

There was a low growl in my ear. I whimpered, finally changing back into human form. "I give! I give.. please.. don't hurt me." I rattled out, putting my hands above my face to block whoever was above me.

After a moment, hands grabbed my wrists, pulling me upwards and to my feet. The hands let go, and I looked up. I couldn't tell who it was. So I reached out and touched their face. It felt familiar.

"It's only me. No one else is here." Sam said quietly. The scent of iron and blood lingered in the air. "Are you ok?" I instinctively asked, my hands running down his arm. "That's not the arm you bit." He chuckled. "But I'll be fine. It's already healing. Definitely going to scar though."

My fingers paused on his upper arm. I felt skin. I skimmed over his shoulder and to his chest. More skin.

Heat instantly rose to my cheeks. His clothes ripped when he changed, didn't they? And so did mine. Which meant we were naked, in the of a hallway. Where anyone could see us.

Sam's hands gripped my hips, and pulled me towards him. Feeling his skin against mine. Goddess. I almost started panting from lust.

But I can't let it get to my head. Not when I'm closer to living alone again.

"Sam.." I whimpered, feeling his shoulders underneath my hands.

"Goddess.. I wish I could take you right now." He growled, nuzzling his face into my neck. "But.. I can't. Not now." He whispered, letting me go and moving away. "Not when you fucking hate me. Not when you want to leave me."

He was right. I was going to leave him. Sooner or later, I'm going to be out of his life forever. That's all I've ever wanted, since getting here.

But.. why did the idea hurt so much?

I slowly walked up to him, setting my hands on his shoulder blades. He tensed them. "Don't toy with me, Shiloh. That's just making me even crazier." He mumbled.

"Maybe me making you crazy can be my parting gift." I say, wrapping my arms around him. He let out a raspy chuckle. "Well.. you've won."

My shoulder was aching. Probably because of moving it so much, and it still wasn't healed.

He turned in my arms, and I automatically set my head on his chest. I didn't care if anyone saw us, at the moment. I just wanted to be embraced by him.

This was going to be a long few days.