8. тнe υpѕιde down

About twenty minutes had passed and Jonathan and Nancy had still yet joined Harlow and the kids

About twenty minutes had passed and Jonathan and Nancy had still yet joined Harlow and the kids. Both her and Mike's knees bounced anxiously, the boy checked his watch before jolting upwards and making his way towards the doors.

"Mike, where are you going?" Harlow inquired, ready to go after him.

"I'm just going to check something,"

Only a few seconds later did he re-enter the gym at a quick pace. "They're gone,"

Harlow quickly stood up, her eyes widening.

"What?" Lucas said.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone,"

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin said. Which earned him a smack to the head from Harlow.

"Gross," Lucas let out.

"No. No way!" Mike stated.

"Did they go with the Chief?" Dustin asked.

"No, they were sitting in the hallway before I came in here," Harlow replied, until realization struck her.

They were going to kill it.

Harlow hastily grabbed her jacket and slipped it around her body and made her way towards the doors, "I have to go,"

"What? Where are you going?" Mike called out to her.

"I know where they went. They went to kill the Demogorgon—god I can't believe they left me here to babysit,"

Dustin held out his arms and gave her a look.

"Then shouldn't you be staying here?" Lucas stated.

"You guys know as much as I do that they are going to need all of the help that they can get. Okay? So just stay here,"

"No, Harlow! Why can't we go with you? Like you said, safety and number," Mike exclaimed.

She made her way back over to the boy and placed her hands on his shoulders, "This is the safest place for you guys. Besides El is too weak right now, she needs to rest,"

"But—"

"No buts, I will be back as soon as possible,"

~~~

The minute Harlow pulled into the long driveway she quickly got out of her car and rushed towards the door, hoping that she wasn't too late. But the sight in front of her the minute she walked through the door made air fill back through her lungs. Until she noticed the giant blood stains on the carpet. Her brother and best friend sat closely to one another on the couch as Nancy was finishing putting gauze on Jonathan's hand.

"What the hell did you do?"

"Testing the theory," Nancy stated.

"Yes by yourselves! Do you guys have a death wish? How could you guys just leave like that—we said we were in this together!"