ten

🎈👠 chapter ten . . .

simran was convinced that her luck had been on a downward spiral ever since she'd received the invitation to simone and rishabh's wedding on the post.

because one moment she was tanning in a deck chair and asking for a mojito in typical simran fashion, and in the next moment she was running away from her ex-bestfriend from college and hiding in the fucking changing room. hiding, mind you. simran never hid from people like that. in fact, simone should be the one hiding from her. but instead she was the one who was hiding.

simran made sure that she was out of simone's sight inside the changing room, but she could catch parts of their conversations.

it wasn't surprising that simone was so nice to ayan, though she was the exact opposite of 'nice' to people in general. but it seemed like simone remembered that ayan was the reason why she had gotten through her finals (or any exam, for that matter). simone didn't give two fucks about her studies, but her parents did. so simone just bullied ayan into doing most of her assignments for her, and ayan did it—for whatever reason. and simran remembered how simone had gotten ayan a box of exotic chocolates that her daddy got from one of his business trips and a stack of collector's edition 'star wars' comics on the last day of college to thank him, and ayan seemed really fucking happy with it.

even though she knew that simone was just catching up with him, simran wanted simone as far away from ayan as possible.

possessive much?

ew. no, it's not that. simran was the last person in the world who got possessive (ha!), especially over someone she had known for less than three days.

ayan was a very socially awkward guy, and simran was worried if he'd accidentally let something slip that told them that she was here. that blows her cover, and then simone and rishabh would know exactly what she was planning.

fingers crossed that ayan was smarter than that. simran told herself that he was. well of course, he was. he carried the college's quiz club on his shoulders.

simran shifted her weight from one foot to another, waiting for their conversation to end. ayan really looked like he was more inclined to jump into the pool and never come up again rather than talk to simone.

and it looked like she was about to—wait, he was giving her his number?! not a good sign. not a good sign at all.

finally, simone stepped away from ayan. and she brushed her fingers against his forearm as he left?!

oh my god. 

simone was really testing her patience right now.

but that can wait for now, because they had more important matters to focus on.

as soon as simone turned away from ayan, simran stepped out of the vast changing rooms and darted towards the double doors that led to the lobby.

simran had never really sprinted before, because it tends to ruin her hair. but if there's one time simran sangha would excuse ruining her hair, it would be this. this was an emergency.

and when ayan finally turned back to her, simran quickly waved him over. they had to get back to their room asap

ayan stood frozen to his spot for a moment, and simran would've cursed the living daylights out of him if he hadn't hurried towards her a minute later. he checked behind his shoulder once, and simone seemed to be ordering drinks at the pool bar.