Teen Idle

T E E N  I D L E
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚. vnillakisses . . . 2024
death note . . . !

THE SMELL OF FRESH GRASS and the bright mood on the playground motivated an 8-year-old Gemma Akashi to finally confess to the boy of her dreams; Kenji Watanabe

 and the bright mood on the playground motivated an 8-year-old Gemma Akashi to finally confess to the boy of her dreams; Kenji Watanabe. She decided that he was the man she was going to marry. It's set in stone, her dad's Magic 8 Ball said so (after a couple of tries of course.)

Gemma takes a deep breath, fixing the baby blue ribbon in her long, brown, and wavy hair. She approaches Kenji as he sits by the cool kid's table with his "gang" (as he calls it). 

"Kenji?" Her small voice calls out, tapping the raven-haired boy on the shoulder. "Um.. can I talk to you?"

With a slight furrow of his brow and a glance back to his gang, he shrugs. "I guess."

Gemma sighs, preparing herself for the start of the love of her lifetime. "I like you."

After a moment of silence, Kenji laughs and pushes Gemma onto the poky woodchips. "What makes you think that I'd like you? You're just a dumb girl. And your skin is so.. dirty!"

"Her skin's not dirty!" A brunette boy interjects. "Different colors exist, you know?"

Kenji crosses his arms, "Shut up, Light! This doesn't involve you."

"Yes, it does! My Dad's a cop, and I'm gonna be one too someday! So I'm making it my business!" 

"Whatever." Kenji rolls his eyes, walking away.

Light Yagami is one of the most popular boys in the grade; and also the most academically advantaged. Though he did stand up for those without a voice, Gemma still found herself shocked. 

"Here." He flashes a toothy smile as he holds out his hand. 

Hesitantly, Gemma looks up at him and returns his gesture with a smile, taking his helping hand. With a timid bite of her lip and a respectful bow, she thanks him.

"I'm Light Yagami."

Gemma lets out a sudden giggle. "Your last name sounds like origami."
She covers her mouth as she continues snickering, and her contagious laugh causes Light to suddenly join her. 

"My name is Gemma." She introduces herself with a gleeful expression as she feels herself growing more comfortable with the boy.
"Wanna race, Gami? The loser has to push the winner on the swings!"

Before he could respond; his mind stuck on his new nickname, Gemma gave her new best friend a playful push before giving herself a headstart.