3-Royally fucked up

ANNA

We were flying to England, Kensington Palace.

One week until I was a married woman, searched for this royal parasite who was destined to be my husband. He must be cursed to be engaged to me, cursed to be a husband of a woman who was born to kill, cursed to be married to a woman who had a scarred face.

Everything was signed, the contract- the terms everything. I was already sold years ago. we were on our jet. Sin-Jay looked spectacular, leaning sitting in front of me hiding little Alex, beside my sister who had her arms crossed. Sin wore a well-fitted tux, with a silver ascot in his pocket. His shoes were shining and the watch on his wrist gleamed in the light. He had brushed his dark hair back, and a single loose strand escaped onto his forehead. While Inna was in her element, she was wearing a beige dress that had a rectangle cut on the neckline, adding a modern twist to its classic design. Inna had styled our hair in loose waves while I was wearing a black dress with the same style. Inna insisted that we both wear the same style saying that it suits us and so we could look like twins, I know Inna tries to bring out our childhood that we could not live together, she even made sure to make my hair today, she was not the woman who loves hair and make-up, but she changed after giving birth to Alex she became more feminine and more adult. I must admit, motherhood looked good on her.

The black dress hugs my curves tastefully, I must admit I like this classic design, even if the length was over my knees, but it looked good on me. So good to be honest.

I settled into my chair, the soft glow of the laptop screen illuminating the room as I went into my research. My fingers danced across the keyboard, pulling up files on the casinos in Petersburg, remnants of my past life. With a quick click, I switched tabs, my focus now on the elusive prince-husband.For weeks, I had been meticulously tracking his movements, but information was scarce. He seemed to avoid the limelight, eschewing casual balls and business meetings. The media had only managed to capture glimpses of him, often leaving a hospital. It was a stark contrast to his brother Ethan, the extroverted prince who relished the attention of cameras and the spotlight of royalty. Jake, on the other hand, remained a mystery. Darkly handsome with his black hair and impeccably tailored suits, he exuded an air of elegance and sophistication.

Despite his reserved nature, there were whispers about Jake's past. Rumors suggested he had been involved in some of his grandfather's less-than-savory dealings, cleaning up messes that were better left unseen. How did he reconcile being a doctor with such a shady history? Was he truly tested, or did he simply enjoy playing with people's lives as much as he did with their bodies? The questions lingered, unanswered, as I continued my search for the truth behind the enigmatic prince.

"Anna?" Inna's voice snapped me out of my daze. I blinked, looking at her in confusion. "I've been calling you two times now, and you're just out of it!" she scolded me."Anna, are you okay?" Alex's soft voice chimed in. These two people could bring me to my knees one day; their stares bore into me, full of love and concern. Sometimes, I just wished for normalcy. To have been born into a regular family, with normal parents, and to have grown up surrounded by love and warmth. I wished for that life, but sadly, it wasn't mine. Turning to look at Alex, I could see that he would receive the best care and love in the world. Both his parents were like me, born and raised in darkness. If I had a child like Alex, I would promise him my life. In fact, I do now. As a Markov, my life belongs to him. To both him and Inna and my mother.

As soon as my mother learned about the unexpected alliance, she went crazy. She declared that she would board a jet and follow us immediately. Her reaction was not surprising; she had always been fiercely protective of us since she knew we were still living.

"I'm okay, Alex. Are you worried about me?" I asked, watching as he nodded his head and smiled at me. "Where are we going, father?" he turned his head to his father, who checked his watch from time to time. If he were anyone else, he would be damn stressed about meeting the royal family today. I bet he would feel intimidated if he met them, but I know who we are. No one was stressed; we were the mafia. This was just another deal we would be meeting the royalty, waiting until the wedding, and then leaving. Time management is the key.