➤ wrong choice

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌 blared, indicating it was time for Yori Sakai to wake up. He groaned, opening one eye first, then the other, but immediately shut them once the sun shone on his face, completely blinding his vision. "Mmm..." The alarm continued with no plans to stop unless the male pressed the button to turn it off. So, lazily stretching his arm across the nightstand, Sakai felt for the clock and pushed the button harshly.

"I just wanna sleep..." Sakai mumbled to no one but himself. He always hated the mornings, but he did have a job. A well-paying one that we wanted to keep at that. So, with a pouty face, Sakai did what had to be done. That is, getting his ass up out the bed.

He tiredly walked to the bathroom, rubbing his eyes and yawning occasionally. Sakai completed his morning routine before changing into a simple white buttoned-up shirt and black pants and shoes. He checked the time on his watch and physically panicked. "Crap! I'll be late if I don't hurry!"

Sakai hurried out of his small apartment and ran to the café that was a good 10-15 minutes away. When he arrived at the place he burst through the door, panting harshly as he announced, "I-I made it. Thank god."

"Wow. You're actually here on time." A male chuckled. "That's a first."

"Oh shut up, Ian." Sakai cursed at him, walking behind the counter and pulling out the black apron he always wore. "Just saying." Ian shrugged.

Another worker came from the back and flipped the 'closed' sign to 'open' and a few people already started coming in. Yes, the café was pretty popular for its delicious food and appealing aesthetic—something Sakai took pride in.

"Good morning, ma'am! Welcome to Sakurai. How may I help you today?" Sakai said his usual greeting and usual smile to a woman. "One Matcha Trifle Tea and two pumpkin scones."

The male immediately typed in her order and raised his head back up a few seconds later. "Alright, and will you be eating here or to go?"

"To go." The woman pulled out her card and paid for the food and drink.

Sakai tore off the receipt and handed it to her. "You're Order #13. Please have a seat and your food and drink will be out shortly." The woman nodded in response, taking the receipt and walking towards an empty table.

As soon as she left, another person walked up to Sakai and soon there was a long line at the register. With a tiring but welcoming smile, Sakai took everyone's orders and the day went on per usual.

He sighed in relief once his shift was over. Finally, he could rest.

"Hey, Sakai!" His friend called. "I need you to cover my shift, please! It's an emergency!"

Sakai wanted to say no and run out of the place, but seeing the desperate expression on the male's face, he reluctantly agreed. Plus, his friend only had an hour left so it wouldn't be that bad.

"Fine, fine. You're lucky we're friends." He put back on the apron he had taken off and walked back to the cash register.

Ian sighed in relief and ran towards the door. "Thank you! I owe you!" Sakai smiled softly until his friend was fully gone and he quickly got back to work.

However, just this simple act of taking his friend's shift was the worst mistake he's ever made and it cost him in the long run.

NEXT CHAPTER: SPECIAL CUSTOMER

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

o the foreshadowing