▸ THIRTEEN ◂

"I can't believe I dry-humped you like a teenager last night." Miguel groans, burying his face into his hands.

As you can see, he's very embarrassed.

You laugh, trying to lighten his mood, "Aw, it is no big deal, Miguel. Besides, I really enjoyed it . . ."

He peeks at you through his hand, "You did?"

Smiling, you nod your head with a hum. Your cheeks grow warm thinking about the previous events. Because of your sincere confession, he sits up straighter, appearing very confident. You chuckle, glad your words improved his mood, and ego it seems.

As more time went on, your relationship with Miguel continued to grow stronger even if there were disagreements. But you were both mature enough to admit the mistakes and apologize. Miguel was oblivious at first, but you taught him to communicate about things with you. And that's a huge part of why your relationship has been going so well.

Even after the sensual night that was shared, you guys haven't done the real thing yet. You both agreed on waiting until much later, or even until marriage. Then, of course, defeating anomalies and hundreds of Alchemax's numerous times together. It was an everyday thing, and sometimes nights would be so busy that he'd have to pull you aside just for a quick make-out session or a long hug full of whispering sweet nothings. He tries to show affection and spend time with you whenever he can despite his busy schedule. Mostly because he doesn't want you to think he's lost interest from how busy times tend to get.

Although you understood, you had hoped for another romantic night with him with no interruptions. You still appreciated the small moments when he would give you a quick kiss before entering a portal or flying off toward the anomaly. It was the little things that made you very happy.

"Hijo de puta . . ." Miguel curses under his breath.

The two of you were getting lunch together after a tiresome mission not too long ago. You frown, giving him a concerned look. Was it another call for an anomaly, and so soon?

He looks apologetic, "They're calling me, they said it can't wait. I'm sorry, mi amor."

You click your tongue, and turn to your food, "Alright, be safe. I'll see you when you're done."

It grows quiet. But just when you thought he left, your chin was pulled towards his worried face.

"Are you mad at me?" He pouts.

Your heart flutters at his concern. Especially since he's clarifying with you, you can tell your communication lessons actually got to him.

"Of course not, Miguel. Just tired." You send him a reassuring smile, placing your hand over his.

He grunts before pulling you into a deep kiss. It was as if the kiss was a message from him, apologetic and reassuring. Miguel pulls away and glances down at his watch, while you are still flustered that he would do such a thing in public. Many other spiders witnessed his bold action and started to whisper, but Miguel couldn't care less.

"Alright, I'm off. Love you." He quickly jumps through the portal before you can say anything.

Your heart jumps but then is filled with disappointment. There he goes again with the random 'Love you'. You keep forgetting to confront him about it, but if you did, you wouldn't have a response to whether you felt the same or not. Just give it time, you suppose.

You finish lunch alone, not bothering to meet up with anyone. You were so tired, you had no energy to even think about socializing. However, you made sure to pick up a slice of cake to refuel your energy for the day.