Chapter 6

Michelle's POV

Honestly, masaya ako kasi sa wakas may makakasama na rin akong kakilala dito, someone that I can really connect with.

I actually met her during highschool encampment, senior nya ko nun.

LUNCH BREAK

"..you're doing great naman sa modeling career mo kaya nagulat talaga ako when you suddenly decided to try to work here. Oh wait, you got something--" Sabi ko sabay punas ng tissue sa mustard sa gilid ng labi niya.

"Thank you." Franki said appreciatively.

"So, as I was saying--"

..

Rhian's POV

Kumakain ako ngayon rito sa  cafeteria kasama si Tuesday pero di parin matanggal sa paningin ko yung dalawa.

"I heard the new girl's bi. At mukhang nagkakamabutihan na nga sila ng 'bestfriend mo' haha." Tuesday said.

"In fairness ah, may taste din tong si Impakta." Sabi pa niya.

Wala akong magawa kaya I tried to ignore it nalang.

I mean this never happened before. Well, only once. Nung kay Chad.

FLASHBACK

"Well, enough about me. How about you?. Have you ever been with someone befo--of course, Chad tsk." Sabi niya.

"What? Ew!. No freakin' way!."

"What do you mean?." Kunot noong sabi nito sakin.

"Eh never naman kasi talaga akong nagkagusto dun ano."

Kasi ikaw lang naman yung gusto ko Michelle.

EOFB

Saka iba naman yung kay Chad at dito kay Franki. Franki is a girl and that's why I'm a bit threatened. There, I said it.

10 PM Sa Parking Area

Pasakay na sya sa sasakyan nung intern nang tawagin ko siya,

"I'm sorry kid, but she's coming with me." Sabi ko pa.

"And what made you think--" angal pa sana ni Michelle pero,

"I'll give my word to Sir Derek tomorrow morning." Sabi ko, referring to the promotion kahit wala pa naman talaga.

And that's how she ended up in my bedroom, again.

"Ano ba talagang gusto mong mangyari?." Sabi niya.

"Stay away from that girl." Sabi ko.

"Excuse me?. Just because--"

"I wanna make you smile." Sabi ko.

"Sorry?."

SILENCE

"A-ay basta, stay away from her. She's bad news. May boyfriend na siya Michelle." Sabi ko.

"Of course I know she's taken tsk. Besides, we're just friends. Wait, are you implying--"

"Well, definitely looks more to me." Irap ko.

"You seriously didn't just brought me here to confront me about that. Tsk I knew it, this is dumb. I shouldn't have--anyways, about the position--" Sabi niya.

"Y-yeah, abooout that--since you came here with me then I'll say NO. B-but only for tomorrow, I'm pretty sure your dad's going to offer that again to me some other time." Sabi ko.

"Bullsht."

"I know, I know. Come on, you know Tit--y-your Dad. He's stubborn. Well, at least we know where you got that from. But don't worry, everything's under control." Sabi ko.

"Okay, let's get things clear first Ramos. Do you really have any plans na ibigay sakin ang position?." Sabi niya.

"Of course."

"That's it? Just like that?. Tsk you gotta be messing with me--" Sabi niya tila duda parin.

"I'm not."

"Well then, what will this cost me?." She said with arms crossed.

"Wala."

"Impossible."

"Look, di lahat ng bagay kailangan ng kapalit." I sincerely said.

"Bakit?." Tanong niya.

"What do you mean why?."

"Why are you willing to do this for me?. You were given a chance to be on top. Yet you're giving it up for me just like that even though I treated you like sht since day one." Sabi niya.

SILENCE

"Tsk of course, it's pity." She concluded.

"No, no. It's not like that--"

"Then what?." Sabi niya.

"Gaya nga ng sinabi ko, you bash me without even realizing that it's actually the one that motivates me to do better. I am who I am today because of you." Sabi ko.

SILENCE

"No. Stop patronizing me. I know that you're deserving, alright? That you're more than capable. And that's why I hate you so much. Because everytime I look at you all I can see is the person I am not." She sincerely said, and it just breaks my heart to hear this from her.

"But it doesn't have to be that way, right?." Sabi ko.

"We've always been rivals--" Sabi niya.

"You were never a competition to me. I mean you're my friend, at least in my mind." Sabi ko as I held her hand.

"That's absurd." She said, pulling her hand away.

I sighed deeply before finally saying,

"You know I've always admired you, right?."

"More like mocking me." Sabi niya.

"I mean it." I sincerely said and held her hand a bit tighter this time.

AWKWARD SILENCE

..

Michelle's POV

There goes my stupid heart again, beating for the wrong person tsk.

Her eyes, her lips sht. No no no Michelle, you can't. You just can't.

She knew damn well that you used to like a girl and she's using that against you. Don't you see? She's trying to manipulate you!.

Wala talaga syang planong ibigay sayo ang position! Instead, she's using your weaknesses against you tsk.

Like the wtf, seducing your enemy? That's so messed up.

Big brain move Ramos, but nope. Not happening.

I pulled my hand away for the last time,

"You don't." Sabi ko.

And fled.