Chapter 12

Michelle's POV

Actually, Carla was the reason why I constantly want to be the best in school and in work. She was the only person that ever believed in me.

I didn't really care whether Dad is proud of me or not. Instead, I wanted to prove that Carla was right for believing in me, that I was meant to succeed. 

She didn't ask me to compete with Rhian though, but I admit that along the way I felt like Rhian was standing in my way.

Even though Carla ended up marrying someone else right after my college graduation, I never despised her or even dared to hurt her back. I just did what I had to do, to let her go.

Pag-uwi ko sa bahay dumiretso nako sa kwarto ko at magpapahinga na sana when my cousin Vitto came into the room.

"Tita is downstairs, drunk again." Sabi ni Vitto.

"Di ka na nasanay. Let her be. Kaysa naman magkalat yan sa labas." Sabi ko sabay upo.

"I heard that you resigned, are you okay?." He asked, worried.

"Well, do I look like I'm okay?." Sabi ko.

"Alam mo, matagal ko nang sinasabi sayo. Just ignore the girl--ngayon parang sya pa yung panalo."

"No one won or lost okay? There's never even a game in the first place. Besides, she's--"

"She's what?." Kunot noong tanong nito.

Then parang may bigla syang narealize.

"Wait, don't tell me you believed that she has feelings for you--" Sabi nito.

"What? B-by the way, h-how did you know about that?." Tanong ko.

"Of course I had to ask Tito Derek. Alam mo duda ko he planned it since day 1." Sabi ni Vitto.

"Uhm--look Vitto, there's no such plan and yes Rhian in fact had these 'feelings' for me since high school. Besides, enough with the rivalry thing. Actually, we're kinda friends now. But of course she can be a bit mean sometimes and she's taking advantage of the fact that I had to do all these things to go back to the company s-so that's absolutely consensual. Again, the company needs her. Saka alam mo ba, I feel like I'm really starting to see her in a new light. Para bang pakiramdam ko nagiging comfortable nako around her at may mga times pa nga na I intentionally avoid saying mean things to her at minsan napapaisip nalang ako na, parang di nato because I want her back to the company but because maybe I wanna give her a chance to be herself in front of me nang hindi ko siya binabara o ano--and honestly, it felt so damn great." I sincerely said.

AWKWARD SILENCE

"Oooh my Granger couz, y-you're falling for her--" He exclaimed. Oh no, he's teasing me.

"W-what? No! Of course not! T-that's absurd!."

"Of course it is. But if you could just look at yourself right now, the way you talk about her. If that's not love, I don't know what in the world that is." Sabi niya, in a positive tone.

DEAFENING SILENCE

"W-well that, my dear cousin is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my entire miserable life." Sabi ko.

But he is persistent and even teased me about it the entire day tsk. This guy.

..

Rhian's POV

KINABUKASAN

Di ko namalayan na umaga na pala. Lintik naman oh. I can't believe I just spent the entire night overthinking if Love is really just her therapist or something else. 

Saka may therapist ba na tinatawag na Love? Napakaunprofessional naman nun tsk. Nang walang ano-ano'y nagring na ang doorbell ko. Well, speaking of the devil in heels, she's here right in my doorstep.

"Good morning. I brought breakfast." She said with a smile, and now that smile is starting to look annoying to me.

"No thanks." Taray ko rito at isasara na sana ang pinto nang humarang sya agad.

"Come on, don't be such a KJ. Saka don't worry wala tong lason." Sabi pa nito, widening her smile tsk. Kala nya talaga cute sya, well slight. 

"Okay, leave that there and leave. And look Michelle, let's get things straight here para di ka na maabala pa. Kahit anong gawin mo, my answer will remain NO. Hindi nako babalik sa opisinang yun kailanman." Prangka kong sabi rito.

SILENCE

"D-did I do something wrong?." Tanong niya, oh please don't give me that guilty and sorry face.

"No." Lihis ko ng tingin.

"Then why?."

"What do you mean why? I told you since day 1 that there's no way you can change my mind." Sabi ko.

SILENCE

She seemed to be thinking.

"Oh, okay." Sabi niya nalang.

"Oh, okay?." Takang tanong ko.

"Well, if that's your decision then. I respect that." She sincerely said.

DEAFENING SILENCE

"Fine. Tell me kung sino si Love. Kung sino talaga siya." Sabi ko. Gosh, I can't believe I gave in just like that tsk damn you Michelle Marquez Dee.

"I-is that what this is all about?." Tanong niya.

"I asked for an answer, not a question." Sabi ko with my arms finally crossed.

"Didn't I told you yesterday? Love is my therapist."

"Why not Dr. Love or something else? Kailangan talaga first name basis?. Napakaunprofessional naman nyang therapist mo kung--" Sabi ko.

"Teka, pagtataluhan talaga natin to?." Takang sabi nito.

"If you could've been more honest--"

"But I am telling the truth. Wait, are you jealous?." Sabi niya.

"No, puyat lang ako. Will you just--alam mo, umalis ka na nga." Sabi ko habang bahagyang tinutulak siya palabas ng unit ko pero nang isasara ko na ang pinto bigla nya nalang sinabi na,

"I-I think I might've--uhm--developing--or uhm Rhian I think I am in--"