Zora Pride

Link sat in silence while Sidon smiled up at the everchanging sky, watching the moon appear clear through the atmosphere. He let out one final sigh as the evening sky settled in for its slumber, then turned to Link.

"Alright, let's go back." 

Link stood and tightened the straps on the armor Yona returned to him. Sidon watched his hands. "She cleaned it up good didn't she?" Link nodded, then took a step towards the edge of their raft.

Sidon stood quickly. "If we let you swim, we'll be out here all night. Just ride on my back." He dove into the water. Link shielded his eyes from the splash. "Sorry," Sidon chuckled. "Hop on."

Link stepped out into the water. His legs splashed into the water while he straddled Sidon. The water was still warm, but magically clear.

"Hold on!" Sidon sped off. Link held onto his shoulders. Mist from the water peppered his face. The water tasted bad, still somewhat dirtied by the muck they worked so hard to clear.

"This lake should be back to normal after Yona get's to it." Sidon yelled back at Link. He merely grunted an affirmative response and held his mouth tight.

"Deep breath!" They both inhaled deeply. Sidon's was just for show. Link shut his eyes and lowered his chest closer to Sidon's back, gripping his shoulders tighter too. Sidon dover underwater. His smooth skin seemed to shine here, where it was meant to be. 

The water seemed to dance along with Sidon, pushing him forward just as much as Sidon pushed himself forward. It seeped into Link's hair. At the speed Sidon swam, it felt as though the water was pulling on Link's hair, ripping his body away from Sidon. Link wrapped his arms tighter around Sidon's chest.

Sidon sprang up out of the water in a moment, high into the air and they both soared over the ground. Link let go of Sidon and reached for his glider. Sidon hit the ground striking his most egotistical pose. Link gracefully touched down beside him.

"I think you would've been fine without it. Probably woulda looked cooler too." Linked shrugged back and started walking forwards.

Sidon watched him for a second. He seemed unfazed when they were sitting on the raft, and even still he showed no signs of anticipation as he walked towards Zora's domain proper. 

"Are you not excited?" Sidon asked.

"Why?"

"To tell everyone what we did; how we saved the domain."

"Sure."

"You don't seem excited."

"I know"

"Well can you act excited? This is kinda a big deal for me."

"Ok."

Sidon sighed. "At least smile when I tell everyone what you did."

Link looked back into Sidon's eyes. The corners of his mouth rose. It was weird to see him smile, even still, but it felt nice. Link was never insincere. Sidon smiled back at him.

"I'll race ya!"