20

Jasmine Atakni

The white covers were on top of us as we continued to kiss one another, making up for those lost nine years. Though I should be making sure that Mark knows I'm safe, its come to my mind that this is the most myself I have been in years. 

And of course.

It was Noah who brought that out of me. 

Because he knows me, he knows every inch of me. 

He slowly goes down between my legs, I rest my legs over his shoulders as he kisses the inside of my thighs. 

Suddenly a phone ringing distracts the both of us, "Jasmine."

"Ignore it." I order.

This is the most chemistry I've felt in the last nine years, I bring Noah's lips back onto mine. 

As the phone continues to ring, I press my lips against Noah's, deepening our kiss and trying to block out the sound. I run my hands through his hair, pulling him closer to me, and he reciprocates with a passion that ignites a fire within me.

But the persistent ringing becomes harder to ignore, disrupting our moment of intimacy. Reluctantly, Noah breaks the kiss, his forehead resting against mine.

"It might be important," he says, his voice husky with desire.

I let out a frustrated sigh but reluctantly agree. "Fine, let me check."

I reach for my phone and glance at the caller ID. It's Mark. Guilt washes over me as I realise I've been caught in this compromising situation.

"It's Mark," I admit, my voice filled with regret. "I should answer it."

Noah nods understandingly, though disappointment flickers in his eyes. 

"Go ahead. I'll be here." I stand up and  grab Noah's shirt and slide it over my body and wipe my lips gently as I walk away from Noah-and by walk away is me by the door. 

Reluctantly, I answer the call, my voice slightly shaky. "Hey, Mark."

"Jasmine, I've been trying to reach you," Mark's concerned voice comes through the phone. "Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm... I'm fine," I stammer, feeling the weight of my actions. "I just got caught up in something. I'll explain later." I look back and see Noah playing around with my underwear, my eyes widen as I rush towards him and try to grab it off him. 

There's a pause on the other end, and I can sense Mark's frustration and worry. "Alright, just please be safe. We need to talk."

"I will," I assure him, feeling a pang of guilt. "I'll be home soon."

"And I'm sorry, about my mother-but your my future wife. And I love you."

After ending the call, I turn to Noah, who watches me with a mix of understanding and disappointment. "Give me that." I yank my underwear from his grasp. 

"What's going on?"

I quickly slide Noah's shirt off my body, handing it back to him as I reach for my dress. My hands tremble slightly as I fumble with the zipper, my mind racing with thoughts of Mark and the urgency to return home. 

Each moment feels like an eternity as I struggle to dress myself, my heart pounding in my chest.

I can't help but feel a pang of guilt as I realise the impact my choices will have on Noah. The bittersweet touch of his hand on my face still lingers in my memory, reminding me of the connection we once shared.